Find a career that MOVES you! PODS revolutionized the moving and storage industry 25 years ago. Our innovative approach of providing portable storage containers makes moving more efficient, convenient, and less stressful. We’re not only pioneers of the industry, we’re the leader, too. Under the direction of PODS’ innovative leadership team, the company doubled in size in just two years, and we’re not looking back!
As an HR Operations Manager, you will plan and support the smooth execution of the PODS goals while enhancing collaboration across the HR team. You will be the focal point for making projects happen that will enable PODS to grow and evolve. The HR Operations Manager will partner with their peers to ensure that human resource programs support the long-term goals of the organization while simultaneously providing guidance, mentorship and coaching to their team.
Strategic Partner Activities
- Work with HR leadership to adjust HR strategies to respond to changing needs for your BU, develop the next generation of leaders, identify critical HR metrics, identify new business strategies, and identify talent issues before they affect the business. Prioritize across HR needs, redesign structures around strategic objectives and understand the talent needs of the business. Contribute to the organization’s effectiveness by offering information and opinions to the Managers and Supervisors. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; participating in professional societies.
Operations Manager Activities
- Work with Vice President, HR Operations and Business Unit Leaders to assess associate attitudes, communicate organizational culture to associates, communicate policies and procedures to associates, and ensure HR programs are aligned with culture, keeping the business units and functions updated on HR initiatives, track trends in associate behaviors.
Emergency Responder and Mediator Activities
- Work with HR leadership team to prepare for a variety of emergency situations, quickly respond to complaints, quickly respond to line manger questions, and respond to associate and manager needs. Maintain consistent actions across the organization by initiating, coordinating and enforcing human resource policies and procedures; obtain senior management buy-in on new programs. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resource function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, TEFRA, ERISA, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment, Wage & Hour). Works directly with Vice President, HR Operations on all policy and procedures and legal situations. Manage competing personalities in the organization, manage conflict between associates and managers, respond to organizational changes, and resolve political problems in the execution of business plans. Keeps the organization Union Free by keeping the associates engaged. Resolve issues quickly and provide a voice for all
Coach and Manage
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop HR Business Partners so they can effectively support their regional leadership teams and regional associates.
- Supports the Vice President of HR Operations in the dissemination of information including the target audience, message, format and structure of all internal communication. Keeps associates informed by preparing and disseminating communications, responding to and analyzing requests.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: VP, HR Operations
- Job IS directly responsible for managing other full time employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management)
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- College Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of HR related jobs
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to build associate engagement programs and get buy-in from management and associates Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience