We are PepsiCo, one of the most iconic and recognized consumer brands around the globe! With net revenues of over $65 billion and almost 300,000 employees worldwide, PepsiCo’s approach at work is full force – never settling for second best.
PepsiCo is known for raising the bar with each new endeavor. We are not just committed to winning as individuals but winning as a team. We Perform with Purpose. Because of that commitment, our HR function is an essential piece of our strategic vision. That means PepsiCo is equally committed to helping people lead healthier lives AND providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees to grow personally and professionally.
This Human Resources Manager position provides leadership and functional HR generalist support to approximately 600 union and non-union employees within Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution at the Hayward, CA location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and fully execute key initiatives that support PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA) strategy
- Guide and coach leaders on application of Company policies and procedures, HR programs, and values to ensure administration and interpretation are handled consistently and in a timely manner
- Serve as trusted employee advocate and guide employees through interpretation of Company policies and HR programs
- Proactively diagnose organization issues, develop thoughtful solutions, and implement clear action plans in partnership with business leaders
- Translate data into tangible actions to assist leaders in proactively addressing talent needs
- Coach leaders on talent management, change management, succession planning, and long-term planning for overall health of organization
- Facilitate training and development sessions to build leadership capability
- Conduct employee relations investigations in partnership with ER COE to provide recommendations for resolution
- Design and execute staffing strategies in partnership with talent acquisition team for exempt/non-exempt hiring needs to drive recruitment efforts that support the long-term needs of the site and business. Partner with local teams to ensure ongoing outreach.
- Develop and execute site strategies to improve Organizational Health and culture
- Lead and participate in Market level Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Must ensure activities follow all state and federal employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA)
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal skills) and must be able to effectively present to all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, psychology, or other related field preferred
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Labor Relations, or Human Resources Management
- A minimum of 4 years of prior Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience in a union environment
- Experience practicing HR in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
- Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; labor relations; performance management; leadership development; training)
- Proven ability to influence decision making
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Strong expertise in developing solutions based upon facts/data analytics
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present his/her point of view in varied business situations
- Strong skills in PowerPoint/Excel/Word
- Previous talent management and succession planning experience preferred
Note: Covid-19 vaccination may be a condition of employment dependent on role and location. For specific information, please discuss role requirements with the recruiter.