HOW YOU'LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Human Resources Manager, role is responsible for human resources field support for an assigned client group at Delta Air Lines, Inc. The HR Manager acts as a strategic business partner for clients throughout the United States. The role is responsible for ensuring the effective and consistent delivery of human resources services including coaching/counseling employees and management, sourcing and selection, performance management programs, organizational effectiveness, compensation and providing Human Resources leadership.
This position will support the Airport Customer Service & Cargo (ACS & CGO) operation in Los Angeles, CA (LAX) and will report to the HR General Manager, ACS & CGO, who is located in Atlanta, GA.
Specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Anticipating and meeting client needs
- Executing service delivery systems
- Creating integrated solutions to business problems or issues
- Acting as an employee and company advocate that can balance decision making appropriately.
- This position is also responsible for developing relationships with individuals, employee groups and leaders of the business to communicate company policies/programs/procedures while providing leadership around organizational change, process consultation and organizational development.
- The HR Manager roles is central in imparting HR expertise to management personnel and influencing clients based on company policy, focuses on positive employee relations and applicable laws.
- The HR Manager often serves as project lead/representative for corporate projects, managing timelines, and working with cross-divisional teams and develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- This job will require travel.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- 5-10 years of HR Manager Experience supporting a business unit (or equivalent years of experience) is required.
- Familiar and experience with California Labor Laws
- Ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of all and more specific HR technical competence in at least three of the following HR disciplines: compensation, benefits, employment, employee/labor relations, training/development, EEO, and organizational development.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 40% of the time with some overnight travel included.
- Should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, strong management presence, adaptability and have the ability to work successfully across business unit lines and at all levels.
- Should have effective platform/presentation skills, be a successful problem solver
- Must have the ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Should be able to think strategically, lead and influence decision making and be able to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Should be able to balance multiple priorities, work under pressure with complex issues within established time constraints, meet deadlines and objectives.
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business management or in a related field of study is strongly preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred. Previous management/supervisory experience is preferred.