The HR Intern role presents an opportunity for a current student from an accredited public post secondary school to work alongside ILM’s Human Resources department to research, investigate, plan and execute a project promoting organizational development within a fast-paced live working environment. The HR function at ILM is central to business operations, closely partnering with leadership to achieve consistently high standards across a broad spectrum of HRM.
Applicants must be currently residing in British Columbia and must be a Canadian citizenship or hold permanent resident status. Applicants must also be enrolled in a public post secondary school and will return to their studies upon completion of their internship with ILM.
The HR Intern role is a 4-month placement starting in September 2023, with the possibility for extension (up to 8 months).
What You’ll Do
- Administer day-to-day personnel changes and edits including using current systems to update information and communicate changes
- Administer Employment Agreement processes including, creation, paperwork flow, database, personnel record forms, reporting and manager communication for renewals
- Administer project employee renewals including extensions, tracking of exit dates, database, reporting and status communication with management
- Create and maintain employee personnel file
- Administer exit reports and weekly updates to data
- Follow up with payroll, benefits, HRIS and accounting to ensure that requests are carried out and information is coordinated
- Audit data across systems to ensure accuracy
- Maintain electronic filing systems
- Assist with running HR-related events, sending emails: Weekly Coffee talk, new hire meet and greet open house Toy Drive
- Send leaver email to employees exiting each week
- Service awards from Disney: Maintain calendar, inviting managers to the employee’s service award date. Coordinate with Facilities to ensure employees receive their awards and are added to Quarterly meetings. Correspond with Disney with employee inquiries of service awards, direct them on how to bridge service in D Tools HR
- Schedule meetings between Recruitment/Managers etc.
- Understand industry and business in order to effectively execute all areas of the role
- Manage special projects as requested by Sr HRBP
- Perform related duties as required
What We’re Looking For
- Previous experience in an administrative support role will be an asset
- Experience working in a high-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and database knowledge required
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly electronic systems and software
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally
- Ability to multi-task and strong self-directed work ethic
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and understand cultural differences
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to interact effectively within the department, across and outside the organization
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned