In our nonprofit-owned, people-run agency, guess who comes first? You’re right: the people. TRG wants to champion our people so they have a great career experience. The people team (some refer to our discipline as human resources; that’s fine too) is looking to invest in and grow an inspiring professional to partner with us to realize the potential in our clients, community, and people.
Leading with an inclusion-first approach, it’s important that everyone in our agency feel valued, appreciated, and heard as we continue to transform the culture. If you’re interested in impacting and implementing business and talent strategies and increasing your own repertoire of skills, keep reading.
The TRG HR intern experience will be like that of an early-career hire. You will become an integrated member of our people team, leading projects and contributing your voice and efforts to move key initiatives forward. Don’t worry – you won’t be bored.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Learn the inclusive hiring process, then assume the talent partner role as we continue implementation agencywide
- Partner with HR director or chief people officer to create and roll out a performance-review process that is objective, explicit, and developmental in nature
- Join the new-hire onboarding committee as a vocal and contributing member to change the first-days-and-weeks experience to be positively memorable and helpful with transitioning into TRG
- Additional learning opportunities: participate in intern shadowing to gain exposure to various areas of HR, attend agency events (e.g., strategy sessions, client meetings) to learn the business, and participate in TRG’s intern seminar series to better understand our industry and agency structure
What You’re Good At
- Research various HR solutions that advance talent priorities (e.g., employee engagement, career management platform) and provide recommendations
- Support the development of a comprehensive recruiting plan, including partnering with agency leadership to develop a staffing plan, identify sourcing strategies (traditional and nontraditional), and determine key performance indicators (exploring the possibility of leveraging existing Jobvite analytics)
What You Have In Your Background
- Highly detail- and results-oriented
- Self-driven, resourceful, and ready to learn
- A passion for cultivating talent, and a desire to help employees
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and a quick learner to navigate various systems and databases
- Leadership, business, organizational development, human resources, or other related field of study as part of an undergraduate or master’s-level program