Based in Alliance, OH, Coastal Pet Products, Inc. has been a family-owned American manufacturer since 1968. We are a leader in the pet industry with an unwavering commitment to innovation, safety, and quality. We design and deliver quality products that people trust for the dogs and cats they love. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage associates to excel and grow professionally.
At Coastal Pet, we value people as the source of our strength, and we appreciate your interest in our company. If you want to join a team that works each day to live out our passion for pets, people, and progress, then please apply for this great opportunity. Coastal Pet Products, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Human Resources Intern is responsible for assisting the HR Department with a wide variety of projects in the areas of Recruiting, Onboarding, Training and Development, and Retention.
Schedule: 16-29 hours/week during the school year with the possibility of flexing to more hours during winter break!
To ensure your success, we’ll provide day-to-day mentoring as you navigate the HR world! Our hope is that you gain a better understanding of your own strengths and grow confident in your abilities.
On day one, you’ll be given goals and have ownership of your tasks. Human Resources is a large umbrella and therefore we have allotted time for you to focus on each area listed below.
Recruiting and Onboarding
- Gain knowledge and assist in full-cycle recruiting.
- Utilize the Applicant Tracking System to review, contact, and track, the status of applications.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation for operation associates.
- Attend recruiting events and career fairs.
- Update and edit job descriptions.
Training and Development
- Gain knowledge of performance review processes.
- Research and implement training materials.
- Assist with communication, implementation, and tracking of Learning Management System.
- Conduct and analyze 30, 60, 90 day reviews with new associates.
- Support the HR team with driving engagement strategies.
- Provide general administrative support to the human resources team.
- Compile and maintain personnel files.
- Assist with HR Communications: Postings, Flyers, and electronic communications.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Prior experience or coursework in HR is a plus, but not required.
- Verbal and written communication
Coastal’s internship opportunity is considered temporary employment, with a predicted ending point. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on the satisfactory completion of job duties and business needs, you may be considered for permanent employment.
This description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions for the job identified for the purpose of job evaluations. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall it be construed as giving an exclusive title to every function described.
This is a non-exempt position. General requirements of this position include, but are not limited to, regular attendance and the willingness and ability to work more than the regularly scheduled workweek when requested by management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.