A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company with operations across Europe and North and South America. We’re driven by our passion to help people improve their lives and have a diverse team who bring their best every day, so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71, Greybeard and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
You’re a natural HR generalist. You enjoy dabbling in multiple specialties, challenging the status quo, and driving change. You excel in a fast-paced environment where you can manage a diverse portfolio and deliver results. You’re driven by your passion for helping others and will stop at nothing to nurture the ultimate employee experience - and this is why we can’t wait to meet you!
We’re searching for an ambitious professional to plant their roots with us as our newest HR Generalist. In this role, you will report into the Manager, HR Business Partner and provide strategic HR services for our Markham (Ridge) Facility. From recruiting to onboarding to labour relations, you will support all aspects of the talent lifecycle and empower our employees to grow with Aurora. You will partner with our operational leaders to drive strategic HR solutions, policies, and programs, that enable our success and allow us to open the world to cannabis. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As the HR Generalist you will…
- Be the core HR representative responsible for all aspects of the employee lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, disability management and health and safety, at our Markham (Ridge) Facility
- Provide strategic leadership to operational business groups by advising, coaching, and consulting on world-class HR practices, policies, and procedures
- Nurture long-term partnerships with people-leaders to understand business objectives and align goals with custom HR solutions
- Lead recruitment and selection efforts by collaborating with people-leaders to identify talent needs, develop recruitment strategies, screen applications, conduct interviews, check references, and facilitate employment offers
- Facilitate the employee onboarding process for all new hires by guiding leadership throughout the process, arranging equipment and IT access, and conducting orientation
- Collaborate with internal teams to support disability management activities such as administrating WSIB claims and return to work plans, performing investigations, documenting findings, and completing paperwork
- Support employee relations by conducting investigations, developing policies, coaching people-leaders on complex HR topics, interpreting legislations, providing training, and advising on performance management
- Contribute towards the enhancement of HR initiatives by identifying opportunities for improvement, developing solutions, and executing change management strategies in conjunction with the HR Team
- Coordinate full-cycle administrative and operational related daily tasks such as updating employee files and addressing employee inquiries
You will be setup for success if you have…
- Post-secondary education, such as a Diploma, in Human Resources or a related field
- 3 – 5 years of HR experience in a generalist capacity within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Relevant work experience supporting high-volume recruitment efforts, disability management practices and employee investigations
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant employment standards and HR best practices and principles
- Proficiency with computer applications such as HRIS systems (SuccessFactors preferred) and Microsoft Office Programs including Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bonus points if you have…
- Prior work experience in a relevant HR role within a cannabis, manufacturing, construction, food services or consumer-packaged goods environment
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- A trusted HR partner who can align business needs with people operations and drive results through innovative solutions
- A critical thinker who can navigate any challenge with a positive attitude and thrives when managing multiple projects at once in a growing environment
- A dynamic relationship builder who leads with compassion to foster deep connections and satisfy agendas
- A natural communicator who can influence strategic decision-making and convey complex HR topics in simple formats
- A proactive team-player who can anticipate needs and collaborate with others to drive change
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
- Total Rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, company SWAG, team activities and modern technology.
- Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with cannabis.
Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition Team and we will contact you if we see a fit via email.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity. Not the role for you? Share this posting with your network while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities (hot tip: if you are an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by sharing this posting with someone in your network! If they are the successful candidate, you may be eligible for a bonus!).
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.