HR Equity, Inclusion & Diversity Internship
TapestryNew York, NY6 days ago
Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Primary Purpose: The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to work within our Tapestry corporate team.
Job Responsibilities include: As an intern, you are an integral part of the Equity, Inclusion and Diversity team with learning opportunities in the following areas:
- Teamwork: Act as a key member of the team. Assisting with employee engagement activities including helping the employee resource groups and inclusion counsel activities
- Outreach: Assist with the development of action-oriented programs for underrepresented groups
- Research: Work directly with the Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Leads in researching and developing supplemental EI&D content for employees. Identify content and news on social justice and other inclusion topics
- Networking: Engagement with senior management through projects, employee events, and culminating with a final presentation to senior leaders in HR at the conclusion of the internship
- Tapestry will provide you with a peer buddy and all the tools you need to be successful during your internship.
The accomplished individual may possess...
- Personal Leadership: Strong organization & timeline management skills.
- Strong team player, who can build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Curious and creative mindset
- Agility: Flexibility, compassion, and an innovative approach to problem solving while working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated ability for consistent follow-up
- Collaboration skills with a reputation as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to “own” initiatives and get things done
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to respond to quick turnaround times
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly, easily changing direction if needed
An outstanding professional may have...
- Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to develop and track metrics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign), video editing skills a plus
- Excellent judgment, professional demeanor, poise, ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.