HR Compliance Manager
Responsible for program compliance, including, but not limited to, workplace accommodations, FMLA and other state leave entitlements, leaves of absence, time off programs with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and all related state and municipal leave laws. Will serve as main Benefits contact for emergency responses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Oversee compliance of the company's workplace accommodations program. Identify important legal and business practice obligations, conduct risk and control assessments and monitor for emerging risks.
- Assist in design and development of time off and leave benefit programs and provide recommendations to support new and modified programs. Responsible for partnering with HR shared services enablement team to ensure all programs are designed with the ability to efficiently operationalize.
- Ensures that controls are in place, monitored, documented and reported to avoid risks to the plans. Manage program design and compliance for time off and leave benefit programs, included Required Time Off for Sensitive Key Positions policy.
- Analyze information to identify root causes and propose innovative, realistic and practical solutions. Identify trends and proactively implement solutions.
- Provide coordination of and support on legal and regulatory compliance issues, helping managers to understand the regulatory risks involved in noncompliance for time off and leave benefit programs.
- Oversee and ensure time off and leave programs meet regulatory compliance and governance/audit requirements, consult with plan owner and legal resources and stay abreast of developing legislation and its potential impact.
- Responsible for monitoring changes in statutes and regulations related to time off programs and partnering with HR shared services enablement team to ensure all federal legislation, state and municipality laws for workplace accommodations, time off and leave benefit programs are in compliance. Create and communicate corporate notifications and teammate communications related to time off and leave benefit program changes.
- Serve as Tier 3 escalation point of contact for appeals associated with all workplace accommodations, time off and leave programs.
- Responsible for all merger related activities for workplace accommodation, time off and leave programs, including, but limited to, partnering with the M&A team at the onset of the merger to determine program comparisons, teammate eligibility and conversation plan, communication to new acquired teammates and the ongoing management of accruals.
- Responsible for researching, summarizing and maintaining the Leave Jurisdiction handbook for regulatory rules and regulations for HR shared services.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in operations and/or shared services.
- Proven leadership skills with a minimum of three years of management experience as a people leader with ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Experience leading complex projects with notable risk and complexity.
- Experience interpreting internal and external business challenges and implementing best practices to improve processes.
- Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
- Ability to interact with various levels of leadership with the ability to present, facilitate and train.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications such as MS Office products.
- Ability to use exceptional judgement and decision making skills with strong time management and prioritization abilities.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Human Resources
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certifications
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Salesforce and ServiceNow
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the Law + Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision + E-Verify