HR Compensation Manager
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for managing and leading core compensation initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgement, knowledge, and experience. In their work, the Compensation Manager will focus on the management of compensation strategy and compensation project-related work. The individual will manage a team to implement and develop innovative solutions that support business unit strategy and design by applying people leadership skills and their subject matter expertise.
As an Allstate employee, you will be supporting our National General (NatGen) company right now, but additional accountabilities may arise in the future.
- Oversees compensation functions such as job evaluation, benchmarking, and competitive analysis
- Manages and provides influence with client groups to institutionalize compensation philosophies and provide ongoing consultation
- Develops compensation practices/policies that are cost effective, competitive, and assists in attracting/retaining/motivating quality employees
- Directs the analyses of quantitative and qualitative analysis from trend data to draw conclusions to support drive business results
- Leads compensation design and options related to broad-based, sales, specialty, and/or international compensation
- Directs the analyses and reporting of compensation trends and makes recommendations on compensation practices
- Manages the development and implementation of key technology initiatives and enhancements
- Provides direction and guidance for direct reports and independently determines approach to manage projects/teams
- Stays current on external market trends and economic data that affects compensation practices
- Directs cross functional projects throughout the enterprise
This job does have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Workday experience preferred, but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Relevant HR certifications (CCP, PHR, etc.)
- Ability to manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Advanced communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced knowledge in compensation
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to establish, manage, and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Creative thinking and problem solving
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $120,000-$155,000 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.