HR Business Partner
San Francisco, CA
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PAX is looking to strengthen our People function with the addition of an HR Business Partner. Reporting directly to the VP of HR, the HRBP position is responsible for building strong strategic relationships across multiple business functions, working with leaders and executives to identify areas of opportunity to strengthen employee engagement and retention, build strong teams and design efficient, high-value processes and programs.
- Lead client teams through all regular People processes including performance reviews, promotions, succession planning, and team structuring
- Work with leaders to define needs around employee engagement, performance, and retention
- Work closely with HROps to design and implement programs focused on employee engagement and career development
- Use data to identify trends in engagement and attrition, and anticipate future hiring and training needs
- Provide coaching and support to managers around effective leadership, performance management, challenging conversations and more
- Handle employee relations issues and investigations, working with internal and external counsel as needed
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an HR Business Partner or 4 years as an HR Generalist (preferably with some HRBP responsibilities)
- Experience working with Sales, Supply Chain, Technical and / or G&A functions
- Skilled in conflict resolution, coaching and organizational design
- Experience in the cannabis or CPG markets preferred
- Professional HR qualifications / certifications (SHRM, SPHR etc) preferred
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Put Consumers First - We are here to enhance their lives. We put their needs first in everything we do. We work together to deliver unique solutions for their benefit.
Build a Community - We are active and beneficial builders of a global community. We collaborate together to support sustainability, well-being and social equity efforts—both internally and externally—to establish cannabis as a force for good.
Innovate with Passion - We are passionate about enhancing the cannabis experience by making it positive, accessible and intuitive. We set the standards, innovate for consumers and find the yes as a team.
Be the Solution and Collaborate - We work as a team to achieve winning outcomes, knowing we each individually are the solution, but can only succeed together.
Lead with Humility and Transparency - We stay open and humble in everything we do. We value learning from each other, and cultivate transparency in our culture and products.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.