Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator
Thinking about a change?
EllisDon Industrial is based in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. The EllisDon Group provides industrial and civil site work, commercial sewer and water work, and common construction services to the municipal, industrial, and oil and gas industry in Canada.
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
We are currently looking for an HSE Coordinator with strong industrial plant construction experience, pre-construction documentation development abilities and leadership skills. This position will evolve as the project moves forward.
In the position of a HSE Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Participate in weekly project preparation meetings
- Review client documents
- Complete gap analysis between company HSE program and client requirements
- Create and update site specific documents such as safety plans and ERP’s
- Subcontractor compliance reviews
- Organize safety training as required
- Tracking project site safety stats
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Industrial plant site construction experience
- Extremely proficient administrative skills and a highly professional demeanor required
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient and competent in the operation of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- NCSO certificate
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Safety Coordinator.
- Investigation training with root cause analysis experience
- Ground Disturbance, Confined Space Entry, and Fall Protection are considered an asset
- Standard First Aid is considered and asset
This position may turn into a longer term project position or lead if you are the right candidate.
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status.
The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability, means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be yourcommitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.