Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
The Health, Safety, & Environmental Manager provides support and expertise to the organization at all levels to help achieve our safety strategies and goals. This role will help to lead and influence behavioral changes to reduce incidents as we aim to be industry leaders in health and safety. The HSE Manager will assist in the implementation of training, meetings, risk assessments, and audits by supporting and maintaining our HSE systems and processes.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills and project management to collaborate and communicate with district and team members to ensure our locations and facilities are compliant with internal and external regulations
- Conduct regular HSE inspections of districts and work sites to ensure company and regulatory compliance
- Assist with contractor safety management system including pre-qualification process
- Assist with company and district DOT program and requirements
- Develop and present relevant HSE training. Coordinate HSE training, including new hire orientation
- Provide requirements for PPE inventory including research of new/additional equipment as required
- Ensure required HSE reporting is completed on time and accurately. Maintain HSE logs and documents. Prepare reports as necessary and requested
- Administer document control procedures as they relate to safety management system requirements
- Assist in updating HSE programs, policies, and standards as needed to ensure regulatory compliance
- Maintain/update safety databases (e.g., ISNet, LMS, etc.)
- Follow up on all Accident / Incident reports to ensure that they are completed, investigated, root cause analysis, and that recommended preventative measures are acted upon
- Assist with company and district sustainability initiatives
- Provide assistance for HSE due diligence on potential acquisitions and lead integration efforts
- Other duties as required
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- College/University degree with an HSE-related degree; or specialized training and experience in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental aspects and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Prior experience with propane, propellants, or compressed gases highly desired
- DOT experience preferred
- Available on call 24 hours
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and ability to learn and utilize new technologies expeditiously
- Ability to travel 25 - 40%
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and project management
- Experience managing worker's comp claims
- Direct Reports: 0
- Total Organization Employees: ~ 900
- # of states: 22
- # of operating districts: ~ 39
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, bend, crouch, squat, and twist on occasion
- Perform light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing
- Move about in an office environment
- Work using repetitive motion
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment
- Regularly interrupted to meet the needs and requests of fellow employees and/or customers
- Regularly required to manage a number of tasks at one time
- Regularly experience a busy environment that will require excellent organizational and time and stress management skills
- Regularly exposed to sensory demands due to excessive computer use
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
Meet DCC Propane:
DCC Propane, LLC, a division of DCC plc, has served communities for over 75 years providing propane for residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial uses, and water conditioning services since 1962. We are continuing to grow and are currently represented by a team of over 900 dedicated and passionate professionals who live and work in 22 states operating under a number of strong regional brands. The business has succeeded in maintaining a strong family-feel with an unwavering commitment to world-class safety standards and customer service with competitive compensation and benefits.
Why Work for Us?
We strongly believe in taking care of our employees so that they can take care of our customers. Our people are what set DCC Propane apart and are essential to our future growth, whether it is by welcoming a new brand into the DCC family or a new employee into our team, we are driven to ensure that our team members have everything they need to be successful. One way we do that, both at work and at home, is by offering a best-in-class benefit plan to our employees. This includes Medical, Vision, and Dentals plans for you and your family, as well as supplemental insurance programs, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and Paid Time Off plus holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.