Health Communications Manager
Dynamic Integrated Services (DIS) is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. DIS offers exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), and Enterprise Optimization (EO).
At DIS, we are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all 'kind people. We are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, we celebrate diversity in all forms; one that values our employees and shares a mutual devotion for serving our clients with the highest forms of integrity.
DIS is currently seeking a Health Communications Manager with a background in public health and strategic communications to join our Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing practice. The right individual has a strong background in strategic communications and has strong writing, communication, presentation, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
What does a DIS Team Member look like?
- You should be an ambitious and convergent thinker with a passion for solving complex problems.
- You bring continuous exceptional value as an action-oriented team player.
- You have a strong aptitude in direct and management of top level, high visibility efforts involving strategic business planning, continuous improvement issues and/or program integration.
- You should be able to demonstrate strong experience with preparing strategic plans and conducting strategic assessments for the Federal Government; and/or for large enterprise-wide organizations; and/or experience with policymaking and planning that involves strategic planning and analysis in complex organizations.
- You are zealous and have commitment to provide superior service, poised under pressure, and have an optimistic attitude!
- If this sounds like you, then we would love to meet you!
The Health Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Lead a statewide public health communications and awareness campaign focused on drug use prevention and education,
- Manage a team of 8+ staff members,
- Lead client calls and serve as the main point of contact;
- Develop creative campaign concepts and test ideas with target audiences,
- Develop and review written materials such as communication plans, factsheets, infographics, posters, website content, talking points, social media messages, newsletters and email messages to support campaigns,
- Strategize and create original ideas for reaching and engaging various target audiences and communicating key messages,
- Oversee partnership outreach with stakeholders and other organizations,
- Oversee research (focus groups) and data analysis to effectively reach the target audience,
- Lead branding, public relations, and message development campaigns and activities
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, health promotion, health communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field,
- 8 - 12 years professional experience
- Excellent writing, conceptual, and copy-editing skills,
- Creative and analytical thinking skills,
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills,
- Strong attention to detail for error-free, flawless products,
- Strong planning and time management skills,
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently,
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work under tight timelines,
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel),
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the U.S. for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position,
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance,
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates.
- Prefer experience with campaigns related to prescription drug use prevention
- Prefer experience working for a consulting organization, PR/Marketing Agency, Association, and/or a government contractor
- Prefer experience with planning, developing, and implementing, communications, marketing/public relations activities, including developing communications plans, strategies, messages, and tactics as part of an outreach or education campaign.
- Self-starter, proactive problem solver, and action-oriented team player,
- Committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure, and have a positive and flexible attitude
- Patience in leading and mentoring peers is also a preferred attribute, along with the ability to balance task delegation with stepping up to lend a helpful hand.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit and work at a desk/computer for extended periods of time of up to 8 hours a day.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on computer and/or related office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to learn new tasks.
- Ability to maintain focus and complete tasks independently.
- Ability to remember processes.
- Ability to complete tasks in situations that have a speed or productivity quota.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Dynamic Integrated Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer which is committed to a diverse workforce and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s) by contacting DIS Recruiting.
--*Dynamic Integrated Services participates in E-Verify, and if hired, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.