Want to shape the video strategy for one of the world’s leading marketing companies? At HubSpot Media—whose stories reach 50 million people every month through such popular franchises as The Hustle, My First Million, and Marketing Against the Grain—you’ll set the editorial vision and serve as the supervising producer on our fast-growing video team, shaping content across an expanding network of owned YouTube channels that serve up a lively mix of business news, marketing insights, and product tutorials.
Our investment in video is a leading priority for our business, and this person will play a key role in shaping our editorial work in this area. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about business, innovation and startups and has a demonstrated history of creating successful video content. We’re looking for someone with a successful track-record building and growing video strategies on YouTube, and has a deep understanding of the types of stories that move audiences on that platform––and other big video-centric platforms.
The ideal candidate is as comfortable selecting and shaping stories as managing an ambitious editorial calendar to drive as much impact as possible for the business. This person will guide our team of talented producers, scriptwriters, editors, and motion designers and work closely with leaders on our Audience Development and Monetization teams to expand our audience and convert them into HubSpot customers.
Our team is made up of some of the country’s top journalists, including an Online News Award-winning writer, the author of two bestselling books, and writers who have optioned numerous stories for film and TV.
- Vision & Strategy: Craft and implement a compelling vision and editorial strategy for HubSpot's owned YouTube channels:
- The Hustle (entertaining business news)
- HubSpot Marketing (expert marketing tools and advice)
- HubSpot CRM (software product tutorials)
- Editorial Direction: Captivate viewers with compelling storytelling and smart insights that guide them toward actions that benefit our business. Excel at producing a blend of editorial, SEO, and conversion-focused content. Stay ahead of YouTube and social video trends to ensure our channels continue to innovate and reach the widest possible audience.
- Production Leadership: Set a high bar for editorial quality, assisting producers in setting a compelling story lineup, regularly piloting new series and testing what works and doesn’t work with our audience. Lead content reviews and encourage teams to innovate. Balance creativity with analytical insight to create high-impact content that grows our reach and attracts new audiences.
- Video Innovation: Lead our efforts to constantly test, learn, iterate and dial in on winning series strategies––whether that’s a new series, format, distribution channel, the talent we work with, et al.
- Channel Management: Work closely with Audience Development, Monetization, and Channel Operations to foster channel growth and optimize video monetization. Partner with channel managers to evaluate channel performance, optimize video packaging, and optimize content for the YouTube platform.
- Team and Resource Management: Manage a talented team of producers and on-camera talent and coordinate with our in-house creative studio to ensure we stay on track and on budget to deliver for the business. Oversee the budget and operating model, and our systems and processes, optimizing the balance between internal and external resources to maximize video output. Foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience creating successful YouTube content (in both short and long form)
- A passion for video storytelling and the ability to spot what works and doesn’t work
- Deep expertise in YouTube channel management and video production
- A knack for managing diverse, cross-functional teams
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- A deep understanding of digital content trends, audience preferences, and social video
- Strong project management skills and an ability to keep colleagues on task
- Experience and appreciation for using data to inspire creativity and expand the aperture of what’s possible
- A proven track record of hitting or exceeding ambitious growth metrics
- The capability of blending creative ideas with operational efficiency
- A flexible and open-minded approach to work, and a willingness to make adjustments based on audience feedback and channel metrics
- An interest in all things media, and a demonstrated history of media innovation
- Experience launching YouTube channels
- Personal experience growing a YouTube audience
- An understanding of the latest algorithmic trends across YouTube, TikTok, and Meta platforms
Cash Compensation Range: 144.000-216.000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offersto help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to us using this form. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.