You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry and join our newly formed Operations pillar that will set the industry standard of a connected operations ecosystem with consumers, customers and shareholders at the center of everything we do. We are seeking an experienced Strategy Lead who will set the strategic vision and direction of the end-to-end product team, shifting our focus from a Supply Chain entity to value-driving and transformational operations engine for LS&Co. The Strategy Lead will work across a wide spectrum of Operations functions including Innovation, Sustainability, Merchandise Planning & Inventory Management, Product Development and Sourcing and Logistics & Distribution.
You and your team of direct reports, in collaboration with key functional leaders, lead both long-term and short-term strategic plans that support business growth, are filtered through a lens of shareholder value, and support team effectiveness. You will also play a critical role in translating plans into tangible action and implementation, serving as program/project lead in major strategic initiatives.
You will also act a Chief of Staff for the COO. You set the stage for a collaborative Operations Leadership Team where mutual respect, trust, and the free flow of ideas leads to groundbreaking strategies and business performance. You lead and facilitate regular Operations Leadership Team meetings and quarterly off-sites, to ensure productive discussion and outcomes.
You are able elevate and challenge the operations team thinking to relentlessly future proof our function. You are also willing to dive deep when needed, moving rapidly with a bias for action, and getting things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, be comfortable in ambiguity, and able to chart your own course. You know what it will take to deliver, and have effective partnerships to ensure our aspirations and strategies becomes reality. You will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
About the Job
- Create and lead the annual strategic business planning (SBP) process for the Operations Team. Partner with Finance on the annual financial planning process.
- Lead, in collaboration with key functional leaders, strategic plans that support product team effectiveness, business growth and value creation for LS&Co.
- Partner with Operations Leadership Team to identify and focus annual goals and priorities, as well as key metrics/success factors for each priority.
- Partner/work collaboratively with Operations leaders to identify essential questions or issues facing the business and our Go-To-Market. Structure analyses and ensure support of insights to determine solutions.
- Develop tools to ensure functional integration, and monitor accountability to anticipate and resolve potential issues. Collaborate with other team leads to ensure transition that minimizes risk to the business.
- Be a program and project leader on major strategic programs. Lead and manage teams during the diagnosis/evaluation, design/implementation, planning, and execution phases.
- Act as “Chief of Staff” to lead/facilitate Operations Leadership Team operating meetings as well as quarterly off-sites to ensure focus, effectiveness and success of outcomes.
- Research and communicate relevant industry benchmarks as well as identify white space opportunities for value creation across product teams.
- Lead team of direct reports including project managers and analysts.
- 8-10 years of corporate strategy, consulting, or investment banking experience with a focus on CPG or Consumer Retail
- MBA preferred
- Deep understanding of the value chain for a manufacturing and marketing/sales business, including the value drivers across the chain.
- Program and Project Management skills
- Deep experience in developing strategic business plans that provide both aspirational and understandable strategies to the Operations team and engages other critical internal/external partners
- Experience using influence to work across functions to build a collaborative and productive leadership team where divergent thinking yields the best possible ideas and actions
- Ability to conduct market benchmarking in the industry and translate to meaningful insights
- Balances, with ease, both strategic and operational excellent
- Communicates effectively and clearly both verbally and through Operations messaging
- As Chief of Staff, executes with excellence – is action-oriented, drives for results, set clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, can be counted to drive the team to meet goals
- Leadership skills to influence partners driving to timely completion in an agile environment
- Ability to work flexible hours due to varying time zones and regions
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered.
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.