Head of Strategy Operations
You are passionate about the goop brand with an authentic desire to build the brand and lifestyle with your problem-solving expertise. You are a leader who can successfully balance the needs of a dynamic, multi-dimensional company where creativity and business performance go together. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture building highly scalable processes in a scrappy and nimble way that enable 3x growth.
About the Role
The Head of Strategy Operations will lead goop’s efforts to solve goop’s biggest barriers to faster growth quickly and iteratively. This role covers the entire workflow from problem identification, collaborative solution development and iterative implementation.
- Strategy: Partner with our leadership team members to define their teams' strategies and their implementation
- Planning: Manage short- and long-term planning in partnership with the finance team and support our teams to drive towards the strategy with goal setting and progress monitoring
- Strategic Projects: Kick-off investments into new strategic growth areas, establish their long-term structure and organization and transition them to their long-term owners
- Operational Improvement: Identify areas impeding goop’s growth, develop short- and long-term solutions and support their implementation
- Data-driven decision-making: Perform detailed analyses in partnership with our data science and analytics teams to support strategic decision-making
- Cross-functional partnership: Closely collaborate with multiple teams across Goop and wear many hats
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Experience in management consulting or corporate strategy
- Highly proactive, extremely organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects at the same time
- You're never satisfied with the status quo - you are always looking for the next opportunity to improve performance
- You love empowering and supporting your teams in solving complex problems
- You communicate clearly and effectively across teams and levels and maintain cross-functional relationships with stakeholders and teams around the company
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Comfort with quantitative analysis ranging from quick back of the envelope math to complex models
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others
- Compensation: Competitive Market Salary DOE + Equity + Generous Benefits Package
- Perks: Generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, employees we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. With every aspect of this policy, goop is committed to employee health and safety, and will continue to follow all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Type of Hire: This is a Full-Time Exempt Staff position. Temporary employment candidates, consultants and placement agency candidates will not be considered
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through LinkedIn submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.