- 10 years of experience in Management consulting, operations or corporate strategy
- Experience driving results and alignment across functions/teams
- Experience leading strategy and operations teams in matrixed environments
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience structuring and executing complex strategic initiatives, with ability to influence executive audiences while demonstrating objectiveness
- Effective leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to drive impact in a fast-paced environment and work successfully in global cross-functional teams
- Executive-level written and visual presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with peers, management, and cross-functional team
- Operational rigor combined with excellent business acumen, problem solving, project management and analytical skills
About the job
As Head of Strategy and Operations, you will help the Global Scaled Operation (GSO) team operate at scale with a focus on how to operate more efficiently and effectively. You will drive our team’s initiatives forward, ensuring crisp strategic framing and exec-level communication, and run our annual and quarterly planning program. You will partner with our Director to provide consistent narratives across initiatives and in our forums (i.e. business reviews).
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on strategic programs, annual business planning, resource allocation, and other projects.
- Establish and lead processes for effectively managing the GSO organization (i.e. metric goal setting, business planning); identify problems and issues, proactively, across organization and create programs and processes to solve them.
- Work across division with Strategy and Operations Leads to identify process gaps and proactively propose improvements and solutions that are step-level improvements.
- Plan and execute division-wide communications initiatives including division wide forums, weekly wrap ups, and executive business reviews that land.
- Manage a small team supporting different business pillars.