Head of Social Media
FanSided is hiring a Head of Social Media to join its content team. The position will oversee our Social and Publishing Team and manage all FanSided social handles. The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding of FanSided’s voice and mission, as well as the greater social media landscape and content marketing tactics. This key creative role in our organization will work with our content and marketing leaders to develop our overall brand strategy and content roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Oversee and operate FanSided’s social media presence across platforms.
- Directly Manage 1-3 producers on the Social and Publishing Team.
- Lead creative for social executions and projects.
- Set strategy for audience development and distribution goals.
- Manage day-to-day social projects and content ideas.
- Collaborate across departments to ensure all projects are released seamlessly.
- Compile key learnings and report insights, to develop audience development strategies.
- Communicate closely with platform representatives to keep up to date on changing trends and capabilities.
- Identify new social trends and emerging platforms to develop innovative approaches and social strategies.
- Plan and execute campaign executions for branded and sponsored content releases.
- Generate and implement strategies for content marketing of podcasts and original franchises.
What You Have
- Fundamental understanding of the FanSided brand, voice, and mission.
- 3+ years of experience leading social media for a brand.
- Deep knowledge of platform and distribution trends, and paid/branded content best practices, and competitive landscape.
- Ability to move quickly and make decisions in fast paced production environments.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Collaborative, team-first leader with ability to work across teams and functions/skill sets.
- Creative vision and innovative mindset.
- Outstanding written and visual communication skills.
- Passionate about sports, entertainment and storytelling.
- Sound understanding of analytics, comfortable creating and implementing data-based strategies.
- Photoshop + Video editing skills (Adobe Suite experience preferred).
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing company.
- Career development opportunities & different skill-based workshops offered each quarter.
- Fun company events and celebrations with a focus on DEI each quarter.
- We highly value team collaboration, empathy and respect towards one another and see this as a key component to delivering the best results.
- Employee donation matching program.
- Community involvement opportunities, both in-person and remote.
- We hire 100% remote talent across the nation
- Free 8 personal coaching & 8 therapy sessions with top-tier providers that are totally confidential.
- $950 work-from-home stipend that can be used towards furniture, headphones, wifi, and much more!
- Free swag and gift cards given throughout the year.
- Competitive medical, dental & vision insurance.
- 401k benefits
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not sure that you're 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.