At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a unified network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations that have historically struggled with the credit system.
We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
- Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
- BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
- Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced Head of Sales to join Nova Credit as we embark upon our next stage of growth. As the leader of our Enterprise Sales team, you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth and fostering strong relationships with the world's top banks, telecommunications companies, and other consumer lending institutions - our current client roster includes the likes of American Express, HSBC, Verizon, and SoFi. You will recruit, enable, coach, and manage a team of Account Executives, who are tasked with delivering net-new logo acquisition among accounts across North America. This role reports directly to the COO.
Execute the sales strategy
- Drive revenue growth and achieve sales targets for net-new logo acquisition in the U.S. and Canada.
- Prioritize markets and maximize sales opportunities
- Collaborate with senior executive team to align sales efforts with overall company strategy
Lead and manage the sales team
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and motivate a high-performing Account Executive (AE) team, mentoring each AE to strengthen their sales craft and passion
- Set clear performance expectations and goals for the sales team, and provide ongoing coaching and feedback
Drive net-new customer acquisition and net-new ARR growth
- Develop and maintain team forecasts
- Build strong relationships with key customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Drive customer acquisition efforts by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
- Monitor market trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs to identify areas for business expansion
Collaborate to optimize sales processes and operations
- Continuously evaluate and refine sales processes, methodologies, and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with our Go-To-Market Operations team to implement and maintain sales metrics and reporting systems to track performance and provide actionable insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product, implementations, and customer success, to ensure alignment and maximize customer satisfaction
Foster a customer-centric approach
- Champion a customer-first mindset within the sales organization, focusing on building long-term customer relationships and delivering value
- Work closely with our Implementations and Customer Success teams to ensure smooth handoffs and seamless customer experiences throughout the customer lifecycle
Enterprise Software Sales Expertise
- Proven track record of success (minimum of 8 years) in enterprise software sales, preferably within the SaaS space and to the financial services industry
- Experience closing complex sales cycles for large enterprise accounts, with individual quotas >$1M, with deep comfort in contract negotiation and deal forecasting
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving revenue growth and exceeding sales targets
Sales Leadership Experience
- Experience successfully managing a high performing Enterprise Sales team with a proven ability to meet and exceed forecasts,
- Experience in sales leader roles, with a demonstrated ability to build and scale high-performing sales teams, manage and plan at an account level
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills with a passion for developing and motivating sales teams to achieve ambitious goals.
Strategic & Analytical Mindset
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen, with the ability to translate market insights into actionable sales strategies.
- Keen ability to link immediate sales goals to company-wide strategy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and navigate ambiguity.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to present complex concepts to C-suite executives
- Deep understanding of the sales process, methodologies, and best practices.
This is a full-time position that will require regular onsite travel to prospective customers and Nova Credit offices. Location is U.S./remote-friendly, with a strong preference toward candidates on the East Coast, especially in the New York City metro area.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL
- Learn our products, the sales motion, and pipeline
- Get hands-on experience interacting with prospects and customers
- Meet our team and spend significant time with AEs and other team members
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL
- Lead sales team to develop robust Account Strategies and drive Deal Execution
- Implement improvements to our sales team processes, tracking, forecasting, and enablementSet sales goals and develop team forecasts
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL
- Generate meaningful top-line revenue
- Lead team to acquisition of multiple net-new logos from named accounts
- Grow our sales team and evolve our sales team structure
$175,000 - $210,000 a year
Base Salary Range for U.S.-based candidates: $175,000 - $210,000, dependent on candidate’s individual experience, skills, education, location, and qualifications. This role is also eligible for incentive compensation and/or commission-based earnings, which comprise a material portion of on-target earnings (OTE).
We consider all elements of compensation as a part of the value we provide to Novans. This may include: base salary, equity grants, incentive compensation for eligible roles, professional development, flexible PTO, and tenure rewards. We offer U.S.-basedNovans competitive, employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to mental health and wellness benefits and a range of other benefits & perks.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.