Head of Sales
Shelf EngineSeattle, WA or Remote7 days ago
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is searching for a talented head of sales to join our growing team and report directly to our CEO. In this role, you will work with multiple teams across functions to grow our customer base. The goal is to help Shelf Engine add new grocery chains onto the platform across North America. You’ll accomplish this by leading and growing the sales team. If you have a passion for pitching, building relationships, leading and inspiring a team, and radically reducing food waste, this may be your dream job.
This position is based in Seattle or remote.
As a head of sales at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Embrace our company principles through inclusive, authentically-kind, and empathetic interactions with our team and our customers
- Manage and lead a team of four sales directors
- Outline and manage sales budgets
- Set quarterly and annual sales goals and motivate the sales teams to achieve their goals
- Monitor the market and competitor products and activities and provide detailed sales forecasting
- Create sales reports and provide feedback to the leadership team
- Continue to refine the pitch and sales methodologies
- Work with marketing to better develop strategy and collateral
- Develop and hire for sales operations role
And we think you would make a great as head of sales if:
- You have driven a sales team to success
- You have lead a sales team of 5 or more
- You have been selling to the grocery industry for +10 years
- You love the complex sale
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- You are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.