Head of Retail Stores
Drive business objectives for the assigned geographical area, by leading and enabling the district management teams within the Region to successfully generate revenue and positive operating profit. Ensure a high standard of excellence through exceptional customer service. This role requires cross channel business knowledge, understanding of brand and store operational excellence, as well as talent development for all level retail positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage strengths across channels to ensure to financial success, exceeding customer expectations, through effective communication, planning, talent sharing and succession planning.
- Identify market opportunities within region and partner with Corporate business partners to influence and achieve sales and margin goals, develop operating budgets, and monitor performance. Work with Buyers and Planners, Allocations, and Visual Presentation to elevate the brand experience across channels.
- Directs the execution of Ralph Lauren’s promotional strategies and programs for region, assuring that they support Ralph Lauren's sales, marketing, and profit objectives. Regularly visits relevant competition to maintain an awareness of store performance issues and market trends.
- Maintains a leadership role in Diversity and Inclusion groups, and community non-profit events
- With the support of Corporate & Field Human Resources, effectively resolve behavioral and performance issues within district and store leaders including policy adherence and talent opportunities.
- Recruits, leads, develops, and retains high performing store leaders across the region. Provides ongoing feedback regarding performance, monitor contribution results, and set consistent goals for the team.
- Supports and empowers district leaders to make decisions that align with Ralph Lauren Brand Values.
- Communicates expectations clearly and holds district leaders accountable to business goals, coaching them to enhance performance.
- Evaluates talent and manages succession planning; collaborates with peers and business partners to establish recruitment strategies that deliver top talent and leverage strengths across channels and regions to ensure financial success.
- Champions innovation and change, supports Company initiatives, and creates an environment that fosters a continuous growth and improvement mindset.
- Demonstrates a sense of pride, commitment and passion for the brand and our customers; is an ambassador of respect and inclusion and drives underrepresented talent initiatives.
- Builds relationships and seeks feedback for continuous self-development.
- Directly responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned region.
- Proactively drive key performance indicators to deliver financial and operational excellence.
- Cascades brand direction and vision to district leaders in a clear and motivational manner.
- Cultivates an environment focused on the delivery of exceptional customer service and the achievement of sales goals through the 5 C’s and New Ways of Selling.
- Monitors and adheres to the region’s operational budgets.
- Ensure a culture of shrink awareness across all stores. Oversee district store shrink goals and influence the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
- Effectively implements new Company policies, procedures, and programs within the Region.
- Ensures timely, thorough, and consistent communication regarding organizational changes, results, and follow-up for compliance of policies and procedures.
- Monitors store scheduling and staffing health check to ensure optimization of talent and full utilization of payroll hours to drive business result.
- Provides feedback and takes partnership, developing solutions to operational needs, challenges, and opportunities.
- Creates a clear, achievable, and inspirational strategy for the Region that can be achieved through people, Corporate partnerships, flexibility, problem solving, action and accountability.
- Directs the execution of Ralph Lauren’s promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Ralph Lauren's sales, marketing, and profit objectives.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Retail Management experience in a high-volume, luxury lifestyle retail environment.
- Strong business acumen and skillset which enables the management and staff to drive business goals.
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using inspiration, negotiation, teamwork/collaboration, motivation and talent/leadership development skills, including the ability to lead dynamic teams
- Outstanding and flexible verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the public.
- Technologically savvy and proficient Microsoft Office programs. Has an aptitude to learn and embrace new systems solutions.
- Must possess exceptional leadership skills with the ability to train and lead others and hold them accountable for results.