SoulCycle is seeking a Head of Retail Merchandising to join the SoulCycle leadership team to propel Soul into its next phase of growth. The Head of Retail Merchandising will be a business driver with an established track record of success demonstrating both creative ability and financial skill; will plan and direct brand-aligned merchandising strategies and oversee all merchandise selection, product design, buying and impactful design collaborations that will help to elevate the brand – overseeing all of this while managing to a budget and hitting clear metrics and measures of success.
This individual will need to devise short and long-term strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and rider expectations of the brand. In the immediate-term, the Head of Retail will be charged with ensuring the retail business is running as efficiently and effectively as possible, optimizing the business performance and taking a data-driven approach to achieve key business success metrics . To build for the long term, the candidate must identify strategic growth areas to accelerate the growth of SoulCycle’s apparel and accessories business.
Beyond leading day-to-day performance, the Head of Retail Merchandising will be responsible for re-envisioning what the retail business at SoulCycle can be. This individual will bring with them an array of industry relationships and a point of view on how to leverage strategic partnerships to elevate the brand. They will oversee and direct the design of Soul’s apparel and accessories, together with securing design collaborations, that will drive demand and create a brand halo for Soul.
As a business leader, this person must be an entrepreneurial thinker who thinks creatively about unlocking opportunities with modest resources and budgets. At the same time, they should also be a fantastic operator who can execute strategies quickly and efficiently.
The Head of Retail Merchandising will motivate and coach their team to be consumer-focused, results-oriented, brand-led, creative, collaborative, and nimble in their work. The SoulCycle Retail business is a divisional P&L within a rider-centric business; the ideal leader will have experience in an entrepreneurial environment and will be comfortable working within a matrix-based organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and lead P&L for SoulCycle’s multi-unit and eCommerce retail business through developing and driving a strategy that meets or exceeds the Company’s brand and financial goals.
- Develop and execute an annual plan to support the scale of the business including the open-to-buy, warehousing & logistics, technology systems, and regional infrastructure (people and process).
- Create and own monthly business analyses identifying key trends, areas of success, opportunity, and concern to accurately project and impact the annual results of the business with a focus on top line revenue as well as business line profitability.
- Oversee and evolve the full product lifecycle from collection design (buying and product development) through planning and allocation through delivery and exit strategies.
- Evaluate and oversee the entire supply chain of all retail products and ensure on-calendar execution for each collection with the logistics and warehouse teams.
- Develop and execute SoulCycle’s eCommerce business strategy including customer acquisition, sales, p&l plan, systems platform and integration, and core business integration strategies.
- Motivate, coach and inspire the retail team to drive for results. Act as a positive and solution-oriented role model. Create and maintain a learning environment where development of the team is a priority. Provide clear and timely communication ensuring that the Retail team is aligned towards a shared vision and a common goal.
- Represent the retail business on SoulCycle’s executive team. Build strong working relationships cross-functionally within SoulCycle as well as with external vendors and partners.
- At least 12 years of retail experience including at least 4 as P&L owner / divisional business driver.
- They will have led / driven a business in a multi-unit, geographically dispersed operating business.
- Proven expertise with 3PL, e-commerce, logistics and infrastructure.
- Customer acquisition expert and sales oriented ninja, strong business acumen, expert knowledge of financial measurements and Retail IT systems.
- Proven team builder who can demonstrate excellent hiring, leadership, management and people development skills.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience and spirit, agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution).
- Strong influencing skills; must be able to effectively influence and negotiate with diverse audiences without damaging relationships.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action. Be solution-oriented.
- Possess excellent prioritization, presentation, and listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Pay Transparency: Min $180K - Max $200K