Head of Public Relations & Communications
The Head of PR & Communications will define and drive an effective communications vision and strategy internally and externally at SoulCycle. Reporting to the CEO, this role will sit on the leadership team.
This person will oversee the following disciplines:
- Public Relations: leads all strategies related to the brand and both its reputation and impression on (1) riders, (2) press and (3) lifestyle / fitness and business communities.
- Corporate Communications: oversees all communications efforts to (1) support the overall company strategy, (2) create positive internal and external brand perception.
- Internal Communications: manages the sharing of Company information with employees.
The Head of PR & Communications is responsible for leading both external and internal strategies and plans to promote key initiatives that drive SoulCycle’s brand reputation on an international scale.
- Leverage relationships with the media and influencers to communicate SoulCycle’s story to the right audiences at the right time to help achieve our company goals.
- Own and manage SoulCycle’s reputation in the media, overseeing and strengthening key media relationships and leading strategy for all Company initiatives, including any crisis management.
- Determine and implement strategy for all initiatives; edit and approve communications materials including press releases, talking points, speeches, presentations and other materials.
- Anticipate challenges and analyze issues that a complex, high-growth organization is likely to face; work with leadership and staff to develop proactive responses to these challenges.
- Work with executive leadership team to provide communications counsel and manage executive profiles, including message development, drafting speaker’s remarks and conducting media and presentation training.
- Develop, implement and execute improved approach and internal processes to share information throughout the Company.
Team Management and Development:
- In time, rebuild internal PR resources (currently team of one)
- Oversee external agency partners and vendors, to rally around a shared vision and voice.
- Oversee department budget.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Equinox Media, Marketing, Field & Operations, Human Resources, Technology, Instructor talent and other key functions to execute corporate and cultural initiatives (press releases, presentations) and produce events.
- Engaging, creative leader and passionate team player with approx 10+ years' experience in Communications / Public Relations, ideally in the media, entertainment, or fashion industries.
- Deep network of strong media relationships across media and influencers to leverage and tell our story in a compelling way.
- Highly creative, innovative and collaborative with a keen eye for identifying and developing high-potential talent within own team and throughout organization to most effectively support critical initiatives.
- Experience working for companies in high-growth mode, requiring entrepreneurial spirit, pivot power, prioritization of competing priorities, multi-tasking project management, hands-on development and flawless delivery of programs.
- Experience in managing a team of at least 5 people along with external agencies and resources.
- Experience playing a leadership role in a matrix company with a large field-based population and / or geographically distributed workforce.
- Media relations, event production, issues/crisis management.
- Ability to simplify concepts and tailor messages for specific audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including stellar grammar and creative approaches to external communications platforms.
- Strong financial and business acumen and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, Communications, English, Journalism or a related discipline preferred
- Strong ability to work with a range of personalities and issues, while maintaining composure under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities in order to manage day-to-day communications issues while setting and meeting strict deadlines and budgets.
- Understand how to manage complex issues and crisis management while navigating a fast-paced, high-growth organization.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Know how to get things done, and overcome obstacles while respecting other points of view and positions.
- Work well under pressure, flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-paced, complex environment.
- Passion for fitness, wellness and / or SoulCycle is a plus (but not a prerequisite).
Please note that SoulCycle has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, SoulCycle employees are required to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. An applicant's offer of employment is also conditional until they can provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.