Head of Programming Sales
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group’s Media and Creative Content Business is home to the largest music culture brands in the world. We connect with a massive audience through the publishing perspective of UPROXX, HipHopDX, Songkick, CoverNation, The Pit and more. Combined with our award-winning content studio and the massive reach our WMG artists, we reach an audience of over 244 million every month. The role is based in the New York, reporting into the Global CRO.
Here you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement programming strategies for all WMX digital platforms to ensure maximum audience engagement and revenue generation
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities to drive revenue growth from client direct and agency
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams i.e. labels/studios to create compelling content that aligns with current trends and audience preferences with brands across the country
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to develop and execute client-specific campaigns that meet their marketing plans
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with brand clients to drive revenue growth and long-term partnerships
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape to identify new opportunities for revenue growth and audience engagement
- Exceptional client relationships and communications skills
- Impeccable organization and attention to details
- Programming and management experience
- A positive, upbeat attitude and someone who is “Win-Win” with a desire to meet/exceed all goals
- Desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, results, and deadline-driven environment
- Strong skillset and familiarity using Microsoft Office Suite and Apple/Mac applications
We’d love it if you also had:
- Candidate should have a minimum of 15+ years of media and sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Advertising agency and/or Brand/Client relationships and/or experience
- Experts in Programming Sales within the advertising and publishing community
- A passion for music, entertainment, and sports lifestyle content
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
- Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
- Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
- Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$200,000 to $250,000
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.