Head of President Office
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
- Act as a personal and trusted supporter and advisor to the Materials GBU President, organizing and managing the workload of his/her Roles & Responsibilities.
- Prepare meetings, interviews, manage projects and represent the President in the meetings he cannot attend.
- Ensure the follow up of meeting and orchestrate the implementation of decisions
- As a facilitator, assist and connect with other stakeholders to support them with meetings or projects
- Setting up, improving, and overseeing internal operations and processes within the Materials team
- Connect people according to agenda, deliverables and related commitments
- Manage and coordinate key strategic projects as needed
- Act as a digital coach
The main accountabilities are:
- be able to secure a full backup and preparation, as to its content, of key meetings and or tasks.
- help the President to focus on essential tasks and activities, prepare meetings, interviews, manage projects or represent this person in the meetings he or she cannot attend.
- ensure the follow up of meeting and orchestrate the implementation of decisions
- be differentiated from the personal assistant; he/she will not be managing the logistics but the content of meetings & presentations, not the agenda itself but the rationales of the agenda
- prepare relevant documentation and records when needed.
- manage and coordinate key strategic projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience
- Ability to navigate across the Group and establish collaborative relationships and networks with entities’ easily
- Agile mindset; able to be effective and make it happen in highly dynamic context, with fast-changing priorities and work on different topics at the same time
- Learning agility by doing and observing people
- Courageous and energetic to sustain high intensity over an extended period
- Ability to manage confidential information adequately
- Strategic thinking; Quick understanding, synthesizes information, connects the dots
- Strong analytical skills; ability to challenge & synthesize key insights, and provide perspectives both at high level (helicopter-view) and at detailed level
- Structured and organized, with an 80/20 sense of what matters and when
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience writing and communicating with executives
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity to do the right thing, with high executive presence.
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.