Head of Platform Engineering
ZoomRemote Office, PA - San Jose, CA - Remote Office, AZ14 days ago
Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom Video Communications (zoom.us) is the world leader in video conferencing and unified communications. Businesses turn to Zoom for video / web / phone / chat collaboration. Zoom is growing at an explosive pace, it's an awesome place to work, we have fun products, and we're looking for the best people to join us.
The Zoom Developer Platform consists of App Marketplace, Zoom Apps, meeting and video SDKs, APIs/webhooks and integrations. It is a secure platform that empowers developers to easily extend Zoom’s product portfolio with new apps. It also enables our users to discover and utilize the apps for an enriched collaboration experience. The SDKs enable apps to bring Zoom scaleable and stable quality video to their vertical markets.
As Head of Platform Engineering, you will drive the development and growth of Zoom Platform and best Developer Experience. You will lead development teams who build Zoom Platform and Developer Advocates team who are our dedicated developer evangelists for Zoom Platform.
- Lead engineering team effort to effectively execute product roadmaps and produce quality deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. product, design, marketing, support) and make strategic influence to shape product vision
- Recruit and retain top-notch technical talents and grow the teams
- Empower engineering managers to manage their teams and components effectively
- Guide architecture design and solve complex technical challenges as a hands-on leader
- Drive release process, evangelize agile best practices and promote innovation
- Drive best class of Developer Experience and Developer’s happiness
- Establish strategic plans and objectives for the organization
- BS/MS (CS or related major preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of people management experience in building and leading geographically distributed engineering teams
- Minimum 5 years of large-scale web application development experience. Expertise in cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. Microservices Architecture, RESTful APIs, AWS, NoSQL) is a plus
- Knowledge of audio/video and collaboration SDK is a big plus
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and support a rapidly growing business
- Familiarity with other leading app marketplace or e-commerce platforms
- Demonstrated experience in project management and technical recruiting
- Track record in positively impacting managers and individual team members and supporting their career growth goals