Head of People & Culture
Her Campus Media is seeking a Head of People & Culture to join our team part-time (approximately 20-30 hours per week, days/hours flexible and to be determined with the candidate) to promote engagement, growth, and productivity amongst employees and within the organization and provide day-to-day management and oversight of the company’s HR operations. This person will report to the VP, Finance and Administration and the VP, Business Strategy & Legal Affairs and play a pivotal role in hiring, employee lifecycle and career development, interpersonal matters, DEI, benefits, employee experience, and organizational communication. We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with experience in problem-solving to ensure that all human resource operations are carried out smoothly and effectively. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional and tactful person who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and is well-versed in all aspects of human resources and cross-department collaboration.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage talent strategy, helping to formulate plans and execute strategies to support the growth and professional development of the current team
- Help provide guidance and support to employees on all types of HR matters, working with other departments, management, and legal to resolve items as needed
- Manage and oversee recruitment and hiring processes, including supporting hiring managers in administrative aspects of interviewing and recruitment process, managing recruiting budgets, onboarding and offboarding, communicating policy changes to staff, and maintaining and updating relevant documentation
- In partnership with the HCM DEI Advisory Council and management, help organize, coordinate, and launch company DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) initiatives and resources to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels a sense of welcome and belonging
- Organize and oversee company team/culture-building programs, events, and opportunities
- Oversee administration of internship program, in collaboration with internship supervisors
- On an ongoing basis, update, develop and implement new processes and policies to streamline and improve HR operations and practices and provide regular engaging training to teams to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Own all aspects of the employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart
- Maintain and update personnel files and assist with tracking and scheduling employee performance reviews
- Respond to all employment verification requests for both employees and contributors
- Manage employee leave, including FMLA administration
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all employee files and records
- Continuously monitor adherence to internal policies and maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices
We believe the following will set you up for success in this role. If you don't have all of these qualifications, please still consider applying and tell us more about what makes you a great candidate for this role! We value unique perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
- 5-7+ years of human resources management, administration or relevant work
- Strong interpersonal communication, listening, and critical writing skills
- Experience in attracting, developing and engaging talent
- Experience successfully incorporating Diversity, Equity & Inclusion goals into HR processes, programs, and initiatives
- Sound professional judgment and experience in advocating for staff and management
- Familiarity with federal and state labor laws, wage and hour regulations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- High level of organization, attention to detail and time management
- Tactful worker comfortable handling sensitive matters, with ability to maintain utmost levels of confidentiality
Hourly rate: $35-$43
Interview Process & Expectations
To apply, click the “I’m interested” button to upload your resume and submit a cover letter.
Our timeline is to make a hire by March 2023. You can expect approximately three rounds of interviews, including an initial phone screen and subsequent interviews with other team members and the co-founder/CEO.
Please refer to our Interview Prep Guide (hercampusmedia.com/careers/interview-prep) for a general overview of our hiring and interview process and what we look for in applications.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.