Head of People
Shelf EngineSeattle, WA7 days ago
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our team leading People Operations as we continue our rapid growth, 10x in the last year, and grow well beyond our current 200 employees. In this role, you will focus on attracting, training and retaining the best employees that are driven to help us solve the worlds food waste problem. The ideal candidate will have experience leading complex cross-functional people initiatives with the recruiting and HR teams, and drive actions to bring them to life for everyone. This person will be a member of our leadership team reporting to the COO, with responsibility for People Operations which includes Talent Acquisition, People, Places, and Culture.
What You Will Do
- Partner with the executive team to maintain, develop and put into action our our core beliefs to build a progressive culture in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management, compensation & benefits, and employee experience.
- Develop and maintain continuous feedback programs, training and reward and recognition for all teams.
- Implement and monitor a competitive program for all employees; ensure that total compensation processes like salary benchmarking, salary adjustments, promotions, job evaluation, salary structure design, and job analysis are defined and undertaken regularly.
- Design and manage programs that are positive to employee experience, morale, and productivity.
- Lead the development and implementation of the People Operations team growth, systems, strategy, annual plans, goals & KPIs, policies, and practices.
- Partner with our legal advisors to oversee the development of a compliance framework to maintain and update compliance, policies and procedures.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, ambiguous work context, and flourish with minimal guidance
- Have excitement to build a high performing people operations team
- Communicate with ease with Executive team, as well every level throughout the organization
- Love working in data-driven organization, but committed to supporting fast-paced, “good, not perfect” decision-making
- Supreme ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the well-being of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for the organization
- Comfortable serving as a generalist that can do a little bit of everything, get beyond comfort zone and don’t mind getting into the details
What You Will Bring
- History of progressively challenging and relevant experience at a high-growth tech company
- Experience in a people leadership role for an early-stage high growth technology company
- Strategic but tactical and operational knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, management coaching, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training to organizations
- Domain knowledge in the different areas of HR: Benefits; Organization Design; HRIS Payroll; Compensation, Rewards and Retention
- Solid knowledge of HR compliance and regulations
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.