Head of People and Culture
As Head of People and Culture you will provide strategic leadership and direction to the Company’s global People and Culture team. In this role you will report to the Company’s CEO, serve as a member of the senior leadership team and develop and communicate strategies to support a capable, engaged, equitable and energetic global employee community. To be seen as a strong candidate for this role, you will have experience in the following areas: organizational development and design, designing and facilitating inclusive leadership training, leading teams managing clear and transparent compensation and benefits programs, talent acquisition, performance management, talent management and development, total rewards and recognition, training and organizational effectiveness. Additionally, you must have a proven track record of advancing equity within large, international, purpose-driven organizations.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and set strategy, direction and goals for the global People and Culture team designed to ensure that Patagonia’s staff around the world feels connected with the company’s purpose and has an equitable path to progress with the company.
- In partnership with Justice and Equity team, create consistency and alignment between departments strategies to deeply embed equity and justice into Patagonia’s Reason for being and drive systemic change across its global business.
- Partner with functional VPs to integrate justice and equity and support for all of Patagonia’s employees to build a culture where every employee is comfortable bringing their full selves to work, feels connected to the Company’s purpose, and can thrive.
- Provide leadership and guidance on organizational change management and organizational design.
- Partner with international subsidiaries to design and roll out centralized yet regionally empowered people and culture model.
- Evaluate company culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives while maintaining Patagonia’s purpose-driven ethos as the company scales and expands globally.
- Partner with functional leaders to ensure that organizational structure, design and staffing are consistent with business needs and set up to achieve success and are supported by the people and culture infrastructure.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the People and Culture team and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Use workforce analytics and various business metrics to drive strategic decision making as it relates to equitable people and policies.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors and CEO oversee the design and implementation of clear, equitable and competitive total compensation programs for all employee groups.
- Develop and oversee an equitable and transparent process for salary planning, companywide bonus programs, and total rewards and recognition programs.
- Develop strategies to address leadership and employee training and development needs.
- Design and implement global organizational development programs to ensure long term succession plans are implemented and sustainable.
Who you are:
- Passionate: for people and culture, justice and equity and its intersection with our reason for being: We’re in Business to Save our Home Planet.
- Change Management: able to lead and champion organizational change and behaviors.
- Thought Leader: an agile and curious mindset to continually improve and stay ahead of industry and cultural trends.
- Strategic Action Taker: Knows how to focus on core priorities, manage pace, and demonstrate perseverance through varying speed of progress.
- Strong Communicator: excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; able to communicate authentically both internally and externally.
- Knowledgeable: Thorough understanding of human resources, justice, diversity and inclusion practices, principles and procedures.
- Emotional Intelligence: high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
- Inclusive: deep expertise in collaborating across differences and helping others do the same.
Experience you Bring:
- 15+ years track record of progressive leadership within the human resource function.
- In-depth knowledge of Human Resources practices within the United States, including recruitment, employee relations, business transformation, performance management and compensation/total rewards. Global experience a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise, thought leadership, and knowledge of research and industry trends on equity and diversity in the workplace, culture change, inclusion and belonging. Proven ability to successfully design and manage organizational policies and practices while embedding equity as a core value; create a culture of inclusion, antiracism, belonging, and engagement; and diversify and broaden representation among employees, managers and leadership.
- Organizational development experience including proven ability to influence and drive change with teams.
- Experience coaching and counseling senior executives. Proven experience advising Board of Directors on people and culture and equity strategies, programs and risks.
- Established expertise handling sensitive employee issues.
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to develop Human Resources tools and programs to achieve the organization’s business goals.
- Excellent track record of working with teams and employees across race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and other group identities.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.