At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As the Head of Operations - Minneapolis, you are a talented professional who is passionate about introducing technology to real estate and building high performance teams from scratch. Working directly with the Regional President you will be the most senior leader in the local market.
What you will do:
- Lead cross-functional operations initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction, business success and seamless support for Compass’s agents and staff.
- Provide leadership to agents in the market and have direct management responsibility for Compass employees in Minneapolis. Most senior person on the ground.
- Work closely with regional and corporate leadership to drive key strategic decisions and ensure successful implementation of all business critical initiatives.
- Measure and continually improve metrics and KPIs, setting priorities and driving continuous improvement against results and targets.
- Build and implement strategies with market leaders to achieve overall company strategic priorities (e.g., technology adoption, people and culture initiatives, marketing operations).
- Act as the single point of accountability in handling complex customer escalation ensuring day to day high priority regional issues are resolved thoroughly.
- Lead and continue to grow the team as the focal point for driving agent satisfaction and efficiency
- Evaluate key areas of responsibility and implement operational improvements, including agent on-boarding and assimilation, training and development, and agent feedback
- Spearhead initiatives to improve the experience for our agents by evaluating the effectiveness of current practices and analyzing data and results
- Advise senior leadership on agent and organizational needs
- Improve current systems that field incoming requests from agents and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly, with a strong customer-service mindset
- Work closely with Agent Experience & Marketing teams from other regions and headquarters
Who you are:
- 8-10+ years of experience in business operations, business development, marketing or management consulting
- Experience managing growing teams and developing employees while overseeing multiple projects simultaneously; experience leading a distributed workforce
- Ability to “see around corners”, diagnosing and treating issues before they boil over.
- Strong written and verbal communication, ability to lead meetings with multiple parties
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and problem-solve with minimal supervision; a bias towards action and over communication
- Ability to empower and inspire the collective team.
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple stakeholders with a natural ability to connect with others.
- Agile and organized working style to manage and consistently prioritize key initiatives.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a glass-half-full mentality.
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Passion to help build the future of real estate.
- MBA/advanced degree preferred, but not required
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.