Head of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
IDEO is a community of people that exists to help organizations and individuals navigate the unknown with creativity and imagination. We are looking for a Head of Marketing who, basically, will help us change the world at a time the world is changing. Our work lives at the edge of society’s questions and the design challenges we are working on are increasingly systemic. Today, we are helping to transform organizations and evolve societal systems, in addition to bringing a human-centered lens to creating meaningful experiences for people.
As the Head of Marketing, you will work directly with the senior leadership team to breathe new life into a beloved brand. Drawing on inspiration from the unique cultures of our current markets and communities, you will work with world-class creative talent to advance IDEO into the future by creating exciting new opportunities for measurable business and brand impact, commercializing market trends, and developing rewarding relationships.
This role may be based in any one of our Global studios, see all locations above). Please note that this role may require a moderate amount of traveling.
While this role will eventually be shaped by the individual's passion, interests, and strengths, the following are the core set of things that the Head of Marketing will be responsible for:
STRATEGIC THOUGHT PARTNERSHIP AND LEADERSHIP
- Partner with leadership across the firm to define IDEO’s global and regional strategies. Build on and leverage off of recent rebranding to shape a vision that translates the strategies into marketing direction, messaging, and priorities.
- Lead the creation and development of marketing plans and programs, structure and capabilities, systems and processes, teams, and budgets.
- Develop systems to keep track of the firm’s work, and emerging thought leadership, and develop approaches to lift these ideas out of the organization and into public dialog.
- Be routinely connected to developments in our core markets (China, Japan, USA, Europe) to inform the evolution of IDEO’s brand positioning and value proposition globally.
- Build the brand architecture that helps IDEO’s many offerings be clear to the market.
- Design brand positioning, value proposition and messaging strategy across channels to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, and loyalty.
- Ensure that marketing efforts meet growth targets and have an enduring, measurable effect in the market.
- Inspire, define and nurture a future-forward understanding at the executive level and across the firm of what marketing can do to create demand and advance the business.
TEAM GUIDANCE AND DEVELOPMENT
- Build a high-performing, resilient, and optimally-leveraged marketing structure and team.
- Foster conditions for best work, leadership, and career development opportunities and manage team dynamics.
- Guide the team on their streams of work, solve problems, and help make decisions arising from day-to-day marketing efforts.
- Identify, bring in and manage external collaborators, explore new systems and initiate new practices to stay ahead of the market.
- Steer, develop and work on mission-critical relationships, initiatives, and situations that can have a long-term and enduring impact on the brand.
- Design and experiment with new ways of meeting and leading the market.
- Advise and work with colleagues in different parts of the firm as needed to generate strategies for new offerings and market activation.
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
What an ideal candidate means to us:
- A strong creative curiosity about the world and how design can shape it
- Strategic thinking and strong business planning capabilities.
- A wealth of experience and a proven track record for driving business goals.
- Analytical mindset with creative drive and desire to push work to the edge of your craft.
- Excellent people leader skills, capable of driving results and consensus across teams.
- Ability to thrive in complex, matrix environments.
- Commitment to develop and promote a D&I philosophy.
- Worked internationally and globally-minded.
Simply submit a resume and we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, with the application closing on August 5, 2022 5:00PM EST. We can't wait to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.