Head of Government Affairs
As Dropbox’s Head of Government Affairs for the Americas, you will have lead responsibility for advancing our interests with legislators and regulators in the United States at the federal, state, and local level as well as in Canada and other key markets in the Americas. You will represent Dropbox in a myriad of settings and will build advocacy coalitions with our industry partners and civil society. The strength of your relationships with policymakers and your unparalleled political judgment will enable you to effectively promote Dropbox’s policy interests. To top it all off, you will gain experience managing crises and rapid change as Dropbox continues to grow.
This role will report to our Head of Global Government Affairs and will be based in Washington, DC, with travel to our San Francisco, CA headquarters and elsewhere in the region as needed.
- In coordination with the Head of Global Government Affairs, develop a sophisticated and holistic advocacy plan for Dropbox’s policy positions at the U.S. federal, state, and local level and in other key markets in region
- Advocate on behalf of Dropbox in executive, regulatory, and legislative settings and partner with industry leaders, trade associations, civil society organizations, think tanks, and other external constituents to build support for our positions
- Create and execute compelling communication strategies around strategic policy priorities and partner with Dropbox’s communications team in media and public relations efforts
- Continue to evolve our political compliance plan and ensure that Dropbox meets the highest ethical and legal standards regarding all advocacy and political activity
- Oversee the strategy and operation of the Dropbox Political Action Committee
- Manage Dropbox’s consultants to ensure that they are meeting our high standards and effectively advocating our positions
- Lead a U.S. government affairs team that exemplifies Dropbox values
- 10+ years experience in government affairs settings; prior experience in government affairs with a technology company, trade association, or consultancy preferred
- Experience working with U.S. legislative, executive, and regulatory government officials, industry partners, and civil society organizations; prior experience working with government officials in other key markets in the region a plus
- Skilled at advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and diplomatically
- Adept at building relationships at the individual level and coalitions at the organization level. Close relationships with U.S. Congressional leadership strongly preferred
- Passion for and knowledge of technology policy with experience sweating the details of complicated and nuanced issues, from a policy, business, and relationship perspective
- Guided by a personal integrity that reflects Dropbox’s core values and commitment to our users’ trust
- Experience managing large scale projects, team management, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).