Head of Field Sales
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PAX is seeking a dynamic individual to join our sales team. We are looking for an experienced sales leader who is driven to succeed, able to overcome objections using informed selling, and skilled at using creative solutions to address challenges. If you are energized and an engaged self-starter looking for an opportunity to excel and grow within an exciting company at the cutting edge of product design and technology, we’d like to meet you.
This is more than a field sales role. As the Head of Field Sales, Canada, you will be actively involved in Canadian sales strategy and execution plans and initiatives. You will be working remotely with a home base in either the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), while reporting and working with the team nationally and at HQ in San Francisco. You will oversee sales excellence and execution both for PAX employees and sales agents across Canada. Driving will be required.
Drives sales execution standards to include:
- Be the company sales representative for all licensed cannabis retailers in an assigned geographic territory (Multi provincial travel will be required)
- Strong rapport and relationship with our Wholesalers, Customers, Regulators and Brand Partners
- Meet company and individual sales specific goals
- Train cannabis retailers in product knowledge and execution of PAX Labs sales and merchandising standards
- Drive new points and existing points of sales distribution and visibility for sustainable growth
- Deepen existing business relationships by continuing to increase account satisfaction
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and work with internal partners to ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing
- Provide leadership and collaboration with the sales & marketing team’s activation at key trade & consumer event activations
- Alongside US-based Marketing Team (Consumer & Trade), accurately communicate areas of opportunity to build consumer awareness and win in-store for the PAX brand in a highly regulated market.
Support distributor and retail management through:
- Identification of market opportunities and trends in your territory
- Ensure targeted distribution and retail price management
- Visibility – Support POS Placement/ Shelf Management programs
- Consumer Focused Promotional activity (Retail)
- Become a territory expert with a pulse on all things happening in the market
- Interact daily with retail staff and consumers
- Identify key activations in territory & oversee executions that are engaging, scalable, and relevant consumer PAX experiences through B2B & B2C
- Book, manage and execute all aspects of events & activations
- Build brand loyalty, brand buzz and brand value in assigned territory
- Manage marketing and promotional materials; event flyers, posters, brochures
- Manage swag, pos, executional assets and inventory/storage unit
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
- Minimum 5+ years outside sales experience
- Cannabis experience highly preferred
- Technically proficient with CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Comfortable presenting
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and still meet deadlines
- Must be innovative with a creative way of thinking
- Must always strive to exceed expectations
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs doing
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Must be more than comfortable speaking to and in cannabis retail stores, cannabis trade shows, and other cannabis events
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
- Must have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
PAX PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
- Put Consumers First - We are here to enhance their lives. We put their needs first in everything we do. We work together to deliver unique solutions for their benefit.
- Build a Community - We are active and beneficial builders of a global community. We collaborate together to support sustainability, well-being and social equity efforts—both internally and externally—to establish cannabis as a force for good.
- Innovate with Passion - We are passionate about enhancing the cannabis experience by making it positive, accessible and intuitive. We set the standards, innovate for consumers and find the yes as a team.
- Be the Solution and Collaborate - We work as a team to achieve winning outcomes, knowing we each individually are the solution, but can only succeed together.
- Lead with Humility and Transparency - We stay open and humble in everything we do. We value learning from each other, and cultivate transparency in our culture and products.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.