Head of Ecosystem Analytics
The Decision Science organization at Square helps our sellers and our business grow by empowering decision making with data. The team provides Square with a variety of critical information such as marketing attribution, investment ROI, seller value, product behavior, and funnel performance. The team achieves this by building remarkable data infrastructure, analytics, data science, and machine learning solutions. The Ecosystem Analytics team within Decision Science plays an essential role in optimizing growth across the Square ecosystem, by conducting experiments on digital surfaces, distilling data into insights and influencing decisions with actionable recommendations.
We are looking for a senior Data Science & Analytics leader (just like you!) to lead Ecosystem Analytics and help shape our data strategy and vision, enable us to continue to be innovators and leaders in the Product and Marketing data science and analytics problem space, and further develop and scale the talented team. As advocates of data driven decision making, this team will develop and deploy powerful analytics solutions leveraged by our partners to make business critical decisions that directly impact Square's future.
- Be an expert in Product and Marketing Data Science & Analytics problems including experimentation, acquisition, retention, engagement, and more.
- Partner with senior management from Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing to develop and refine our digital growth strategy and inform investment decisions with data.
- Oversee product analytics and build a centralized analytics consulting function to support internal customers of the Ecosystem digital surfaces across Square.
- Lead development of remarkable and innovative data science and analytics solutions and position us as industry leaders in this area.
- Hire and develop data science and analytics professionals including individual contributors, tech leads and managers.
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the team is operating with high velocity, ownership, innovation, and self-accountability.
- 10+ years of data science and analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience managing individual contributors and managers
- 5+ years of experience related to Product and Marketing Data Science & Analytics, such as A/B testing, campaign performance measurement, customer segmentation and targeting, product engagement and retention, etc.
- Experience working with executive stakeholders in areas such as Product, Marketing, Business, Finance
- Great stakeholder management, team management and cross-functional collaboration skills
- An advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field
- Experience in building analytics teams from the ground up
- Experience leading and managing a variety of analytical data roles such as data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers
- Experience leading and developing other managers
- Experience working in fintech or the B2B space
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.