Head of Customer Success
Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Customer Success to lead and scale the Customer Success team. A big part of the role will be growing our relationships and footprint with our existing clients. Ideally, the candidate will have experience working with both self-insured employers, large health plans, and beyond managing the day-to-day needs of a client base, will have deep experience scaling and leading a team focused on the upsell and expansion of accounts. The Head of Customer Success must be able to expertly navigate rapid change, approach problems with creativity and curiosity, and be able to partner seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders to drive critical initiatives forward.
Virta is at an exciting stage of its growth journey and this candidate will play a critical role in shaping the customer success team and expanding our access to patients across the US.
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Lead executive for Employer, Health Plan and Government customer segments, including the implementation function of Customer Success
- Growing and evaluating our systems, processes, and people to keep pace with the scale of our customer growth
- Successfully grow and manage our revenue from our existing book of business
- Provide top level service to our rapidly growing customer base, sharing the transformative impact of our treatment on their population in order to excite and delight
- Develop and deepen relationships with key stakeholders within our largest employer and health plan clients
- Partner with customers on program goals and KPIs, sharing Virta ROI
- Manage and mentor a high performing team of customer success & implementation managers
- Collaborate with Sales counterparts on accelerating account expansions and renewals. Identify renewal risks and implement remediation plans
- Partner with our Patient Marketing team to drive adoption and awareness within new & existing customers
- Act as a customer advocate internally across our Operations and Product teams to continue to refine the customer and patient experience including customer launches, patient onboarding and enrollment, billing etc.
- Define, grow and manage customer success team, processes, and infrastructure
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Build relationships with our key customers
- Build relationships internally with key cross functional counterparts in Commercial, Product, Ops and Clinical organizations
- Develop/refine account expansion and renewal plans
- Manage new customer launches/implementations
- 10+ years experience in Commercial Leadership, specifically within healthcare and focused on both large employers and health plans
- In depth knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem & industry trends
- Experience scaling a Customer Success organization & managing/mentoring growing teams
- Experience managing and growing other people leaders
- Ability to proactively problem solve and drive new initiatives
- Track record of implementing strategies to drive revenue growth through expansion and account retention
- Strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Ability/flexibility to work cross-functionally within an ever-evolving company where fast-paced change is the norm
- Excellent communication and project management skills to align internal and external stakeholders and drive key initiatives forward
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is $230,000 - $250,000 + incentive plan. Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.