Head of Content and Social Media
Who We Are:
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive & immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist, and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
What You Will Do:
Museum of Ice Cream is looking for a creative and insightful Head of Content and Social Media, to join the Marketing Team and to preferably be based in New York City. We are seeking an innovator - someone who is willing to imagine new ways to authentically translate our love for ice cream and the joy and connection it brings to our past, present, and future guests. You will build a robust content program and craft its content to share our vision and stories with the world. Along the way, you will take risks, learn, and optimize as you engage and build our following and influence.
Be responsible for all content development across all MOIC locations:
- New York City
- Chicago (opening in 2022)
- Including soon to be announced locations in Asia-Pacific
Manage and oversee MOIC’s social platforms for:
- @museumoficecreamsg (Singapore)
- Other locations in Asia
- Develop and execute content that speaks to immediate cultural moments and movements, across FB, IG, Twitter, TikTok, Linkedin and Pinterest
- Partner with our marketing team to enhance awareness and drive up buzz as we expand across products and geographies
- Craft a multi faceted email marketing strategy to engage and delight existing customers in our database
- Secure and build influencer relationships
- Manage a team of content executives across all museums
- Quickly turnaround content (i.e trendjacking) to ensure relevancy in our communications across social platforms.
- Become the thought leader and driver for our Digital Marketing and our Paid Ad execution
- Craft various ideations for paid social media experience/advertisements
- Ideate, shoot, and edit photo and video content (including copy) for all content platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, other emerging channels)
- Shape and execute a layered acquisition marketing strategy
- Define social media KPIs and measure the success of each social media campaign & account
- Develop a strategic content framework and social media calendar, partnering with marketing, product (i.e retail and F&B), museum experience, seasonal programmes and activations and partnership deliverables.
- Ensure that content development and execution are all met within MOIC’s expected timelines
- Ensure that the robust content program developed for MOIC can be executed and delivered to the best of your ability.
- Have 7+ years experience working in editorial or content/social at consumer-focused brand or agency
- Have leadership experience leading a team of content executives
- Insightful and highly creative with the ability to guide and create compelling content
- Skilled in Creative Suite (PremierPro, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) for editing or design (optional but preferred to have proficiency in at least photoshop or illustrator)
- Excellent writing skills and strong visual eye
- Extremely comfortable crafting an on-screen presence and following
- Work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment and across different time zones
- Are a self-starter who takes initiative
- Not afraid to take risks and try new things, always testing and learning
- Always on top of the social trends and platform changes
- Annual pinkball (yes, you can dress your best and bring a date!)
- Unlimited ice cream
- Competitive Pay
- 16 free museum tickets per year for friends and family, with free entry for self
- 50% off retail products
- Vision, dental, and healthcare benefits
- Stock options
- PTO (did we mention unlimited sick leave?)
The annual salary for this position is starting at $100,000.