Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
At Appen, we are proud to not only be the largest company in our industry, but also a company that drives responsible use if AI technology along the entire supply chain. The Content Marketing Manager role at Appen is an exciting opportunity to own and amplify the brand voice through thoughtful short and longform content pieces that drive awareness, engagement and pipeline.
You will be managing and working with contractors on content writing, design and video to ensure that the right content gets produced at the right time, in collaboration with the Web, Product Marketing and Demand Generation teams. Working in close contact with the PR & Social Media Manager, you will be producing relevant industry content that enables our PR agency to get consistent coverage in the AI space.
Tell us more about times where you were proactive, results-driven and managed multiple initiatives simultaneously, since this is the kind of person we’re looking for. You will report to the Director of Corporate Marketing and can be based in our Kirkland, WA office or in San Francisco, CA.
- Content Strategy: Build and own the content marketing plan for Appen, focused on building thought leadership and generating leads. Develop core content that aligns to strategic priorities and generates leads.
- Content Production: Ideate, conceptualize, plan and write/produce key pieces of content working in close collaboration with the Corporate Marketing team, as well as 3rd party writers, designers, videographers. Organize work and create a process to streamline on-time, on-budget production. Write B2B and B2C blogs, generate whitepapers, case studies, SEO videos, webinars etc.
- Editor-in-Chief for the AI Resource Center: Own what gets published and in what style for the Appen.com resource center, driving inbound pipeline. Drive key content themes and ensure they get executed in quarterly deliverables
- SEO Content: Drive new content creation and updates that align with the SEO strategy to drive more relevant traffic to Appen.com
- Content Distribution: Collaborate with Demand Generation and Social Media owners to promote content through key channels.
- Customer Evidence: Collaborate with Customer Marketing to interview customers for case studies, and work with PR to amplify case study impact etc.
- Report results in Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Support other marketing related initiatives as needed
Desired experience and skills
- 7-8 years of successful B2B Marketing experience, preferably in high tech
- Proven track record of B2B content marketing strategy development and execution; experience with developing webinars, whitepapers, case studies, videos and other B2B content
- Strong writing experience; has samples to share for review of blog posts, product collateral, etc.
- Strong SEO content background with proven track record
- Ability to define and track content KPIs using analytics tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with global teams
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, multi-tasking and collaboration skills
- Experience working with marketing automation and organization tools is a plus - i.e. CoSchedule
- Some travel required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.