Head of Compliance
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Head of Compliance will primarily support and help manage YETI’s Ethics & Compliance program globally, and will also support YETI’s international expansion activities. The Head of Compliance will support YETI’s business activities while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations in an efficient and proactive manner, focusing primarily on anti-bribery & anti-corruption, sanctions, AML, antiboycott, and import/export compliance. The Head of Compliance will lead regulatory compliance related projects, conduct compliance training, monitor compliance-related operations, conduct internal assessments, and generally provide legal guidance to employees on related ethics and compliance issues.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Ensures YETI compliance with applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption, sanctions, AML, antiboycott, and import/export regulations, ESG, technology compliance such as Privacy, PCI and SOX, and other compliance requirements applicable to YETI
- Enhances and manages an anti-bribery and global trade risk assessment framework
- Leads legal investigations and advises on complex legal issues
- Coordinates with Internal Audit to conduct internal assessments and monitoring activities, including Ethics hotline
- Manages routine and enhanced 3rd party diligence for anti-bribery risks and restricted party sanctions screening
- Helps maintain and enhance compliance policies, related guidelines, procedures, and manuals
- Develops and conducts relevant compliance internal training
- Monitors regulatory developments and provide concise updates
- Support YETI’s international expansion activities, including drafting and reviewing contracts
- Serves as a strategic and tactical legal resource to provide clear, concise, and accurate guidance
- Coordinates large scale projects from inception through completion
- Identifies and elevates issues, and supports the General Counsel as needed
- Leads a team of lawyers and business professionals
Qualifications and Attributes:
- JD and at least 20 years of legal experience working for consumer-centric global brands
- At least 10 years of experience leading teams in both in-person and distributed work environments
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding anti-bribery, sanctions, AML, antiboycott, and import/export compliance
- Knowledge and experience with privacy and/or product safety compliance
- Multi-jurisdictional compliance experience preferred, particularly involving the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan, EU, UK and China
- Proven ability to provide practical guidance and solutions with a view to optimization, efficiencies, and compliance as a business advantage
- Experience with commercial contracts and related activities in foreign jurisdictions that could support YETI’s international expansion activities
- General knowledge and understanding of financial concepts (e.g., indirect taxes, transfer pricing, accounts payable, invoicing), a working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system, and a working knowledge of ESG concepts and best practices
- Ability to present and secure buy-in from senior leaders with strong verbal and written communication skills."
- Proven ability to communicate across various departments globally to drive results
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with global demand planning, logistics, and fulfillment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize disparate and complex inputs (both quantitative and qualitative) to make informed business decisions and recommendations
- Ability to thrive in a global cross-functional environment, exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Results driven, proactive, positive attitude, accountable and drives projects to completion
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in fast-paced environments
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.