Head of Community Engagement & Retention Marketing
GLDNRemote15 days ago
Want to pioneer a whole new level of customer engagement? Do you believe that relationships, not transactions are the future of retail? This new senior role has your name all over it. Join the GLDN team and help build a collaborative new approach to retail.
This person thinks outside the box and is able to concept and develop ideas and programs that no one else is doing. You’ll be building a team of 2-3 people to help you execute, but also be ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the hands-on as needed along the way. You’ll be part of the senior leadership team working directly with the CEO, Brand, Production, and Customer Care Teams.
An example of some of the key metrics you’d be paying attention to would be LTV, engagement rates (IG, Email, SMS), and churn prevention. (But really that just means we want to get customers pumped on our awesome brand).
GLDN is a uniquely positioned DTC - we’re like, extra direct - most all our pieces are made with our own hands. We also make most pieces to order, so customers can choose options and get it just right. There’s a ton of potential in this intimate process to get customers stoked and engaged on a different level. Our approach also creates an opportunity to be really responsive to customer feedback on product, etc.
Our brand/marketing team is small but mighty and handles all of our design and marketing needs with the help of a few agencies. Working on a small team provides everyone with a lot of autonomy and the ability to make a really big impact. Unlike many other startups, GLDN has a goal to grow at a responsible and sustainable pace. Creating a healthy work-life balance for our employees is a big priority for us. Thanks to COVID the brand team is now working remotely with no plans to change that anytime soon.
- Creating true GLDN brand advocates
- Direct accountability for GLDN’s retention marketing strategy. Core KPIs include email, SMS, and social media engagement rates, LTV, and customer repeat purchase rates.
- Launch and run GLDN’s referral and loyalty program
- Get close to our customer and gather actionable data to get clear, meaningful insight into our market and their decision-making journey. Develop a robust knowledge of the customer mindset and e-commerce industry as a whole.
- Build programs that drive feedback and engagement from our core brand advocates -- insight that will steer the ship of new product development
- Define personalized omnichannel customer journeys across the customer lifecycle and purchase cycle with the goal of driving better understanding, stronger customer engagement, and increased sales.
- Establish and maintain an A/B testing approach and effective campaign measurement methodology
- Maintain a pulse on emerging tech that could influence retail or communication channels
- Prepare and present project hindsight analyses and recommendations to leadership and partner teams.
Skills and knowledge
- 7+ years experience in email, subscription, lifecycle, or retention marketing in a direct-to-consumer environment, with at least three years focused on loyalty and retention.
- Ability to recruit, build, and guide a team of internal and external marketing stakeholders
- Proven track record of running marketing programs with measurable results
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce, retention marketing trends
- Hands-on experience with at least one ESP (preferably Klaviyo) and have created campaigns and automated/triggered programs with technical capabilities of the platform.
- Experience with Shopify ecosystem a plus
- Experience building and managing a brand community
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and aptitude
- Extensive experience managing A/B testing roadmap and a strong understanding of test setups and analyses.
- Strong project management, organization, prioritization, and communication skills with an attention to detail and the proven ability to build relationships and coordinate multiple projects across various teams.
- You are creative by nature, analytical from experience.
- You embody ownership and execution at all levels.
- You are energized by difficult and ambiguous problem spaces.
- You take on obstacles with determination and excitement.
- You pride yourself on personally making an impact on a business’s trajectory.
- Your past employers and teammates will say, “[insert your name] will be the most impactful hire you ever make.”
- Lastly, and most importantly, you are insatiably curious, kind and empathic. Your worldview is not insular, but expansive. You are ready to do something meaningful and impactful. And above all, you love to learn and get shit done.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
At GLDN, we take a lot of things personally.. and we like it that way! We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience, to name a few. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion isn’t only what’s ethically right- it’s what works to create better ideas, a stronger team with deeper relationships, and the most delight in our hearts. We honor and cherish our team, customers, and everyone else for being their true, unique selves. People of all races, ages, identities, religions, and other diverse candidates are encouraged to apply!