Head of Clover Infrastructure Engineering
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated leader to lead and grow our Infrastructure and System Reliability Engineering group. You will innovate and be able to solve scalability and reliability problems. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to scale our systems. A successful candidate will be a deeply curious individual who brings technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company that has broad business impact.
As a Head of Infrastructure leader, you will be expected to speak authoritatively on behalf of your team and your technical knowledge should demonstrate both depth and breadth. You will be responsible for aligning your team with product and engineering organizations. Leveraging the strengths of individual team members, delegating tasks appropriately and managing the delivery of long term projects will all be critical tasks for this role. A Technical Manager has deep knowledge in their domain and is a sought after thought leader across the organization. They have both management and technical expertise and actively participate in the organization's planning processes.
- Manage a team of high functioning team of SRE, Cloud Operation, Database and DevOps engineers
- Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long term strategies for scaling applications and infrastructure.
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to build the relationships and trust necessary to improve the performance, reliability and availability of the infrastructure
- Enable the team to deliver projects and roll out new tools at scale
- Experience managing and mentoring diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (Preferably GCP)
- Interested in building creative solutions to challenging problems
- Create and manage a roadmap for the Infrastructure reliability engineering team to help scale the infrastructure. Align with quarterly, annual product roadmap to meet the growth goals of the organization.
- Manage the health of monoliths, including but not limited to inflow of changes into monolith, releases, incident management, logging, monitoring etc.
- Conduct blameless postmortems for incidents in the monoliths, and diligently follow through learnings and remediations.
- Define and adhere to SLAs, availability requirements and change management processes for critical services.
- Develop CI/CD frameworks and tools with time to market, developer empowerment and shift left as key principles. Evangelize the framework with Clover’s application development teams and bring adaption to the frameworks.
- Research and evaluate new technology products for pilot or proof of concept by technical teams. Bring a level of maturity around costs for scale into the evaluation at the POC as well as full scale use of a tool/technology.
- Develop and execute on design, runbooks and implementation plans from concept to production for complex migration, performance and scale problems.
- Partner with Security to identify and remediate infrastructure security vulnerabilities proactively. Implement a mature security infrastructure adapting to the security roadmap.
- Partner with backend, frontend web and android leaders in building solutions towards modularizing the stack towards independent release cycles.
- 15+ years of overall experience in Technology
- 8+ years of experience in devops, reliability engineering, release management or technical operations
- 5+ years of team management experience.
- 3+ years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level.
- 3+ years of experience with technical requirements, design, testing, implementation and production rollout.
- 3+ years of experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile project methodologies (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective in building partnerships with senior technical, functional and business leaders to forward short-term and longer term initiatives
- Experience with any of the technologies used in our stack is a strong plus - Terraform, Puppet, MySQL, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Jenkins, Github, SRE/Observability Tools , Linux systems
At Clover we provide next-generation payment services via Fiserv (our parent company) - the world’s largest payment processor. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and alliance for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers. Our machines and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Fiserv (Our Parent Company)
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”.... But we are.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/LGBTQ+), and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
This role is not eligible to be performed in Colorado