Culture Biosciences is looking for a Hardware Engineer to develop the core technology that makes us unique. Your focus will be on designing, building, installing, and testing new cloud connected bioreactors and lab automation systems.
What you'll do
- Help define our hardware engineering culture.
- Prototype new bioreactor components and automation equipment.
- Design high-quality hardware components for bioreactors and automation and bring them into production.
- Work with our partners to ensure high-quality part manufacturing.
- Identify the root cause of hardware quality issues, often by designing and performing tests
- Learn about fermentation, cell culture, and biomanufacturing
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person, not a “resource”.
- Support your growth as an engineer and as a person.
Projects on our horizon
- Building new components of existing, installed bioreactors to improve quality and robustness.
- Designing and deploying new bioreactors.
- Designing and deploying new lab automation systems, such as auto-sampling systems and shake flask monitoring.
- At least 1 year of work experience designing, building, and testing hardware. We will also consider newly graduated engineers with exceptional work portfolios and internship experiences.
- You’re proactive and a self-starter.
- You’re either already passionate about or curious about how biomanufacturing, biotechnology, biomedical sciences, bio-engineering, and/or synthetic biology can positively impact human health and the planet.
- You’re kind, curious, and enjoy learning new things.
- You value communication and connection on a multidisciplinary team
- You care that you’re building something that solves a problem and helps end-users.
- You have experience working in a CAD platform.
- You have some experience programming, ideally in a high-level language as Python. You’re not a software engineer, but you’re not afraid to write a script or read through our codebase.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, or a related field.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Health insurance (PPO), Dental, Vision, and Life.
- PTO: 3 weeks and 10 days of company holidays.
- Parental leave policy: 12 weeks. Full salary paid.
- We have a machine shop onsite for rapid prototyping -- Haas CNC, manual mill, lathe, laser cutter, 3D printers, vacuum former and more.
We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and improves the diversity of our industry as a whole. We look forward to working with scientists and engineers from all walks of life. Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.