Hardware Design Engineer
GoogleSunnyvale, CA10 days ago
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Board design and validation experience.
- Experience with design tools: schematic capture, layout tools, lab bring up and debug.
- Experience with high-speed design, signal integrity, and power distribution techniques.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 5 years of experience with enterprise class hardware systems design.
- Experience with data center engineering, server, storage, and networking products.
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD Design and interface with other disciplines, including software, signal integrity, thermal, and mechanical.
- Experience solving system issues, technical innovation, and driving a technical roadmap.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a Hardware Design Engineer on the Board and Systems Design team, you will work on hardware systems projects to craft the solutions for current and future data center deployments. You will work with product teams to ensure that their goals are met with your systems, ASIC/FPGA, Software, and Verification teams to ensure proper verification of features in your systems, manufacturing teams to ensure that your designs are manufacturable and ready for volume production, and field teams to support systems that are deployed in the data center.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead a sub-system and hardware design on data center hardware products.
- Bring up systems and execute engineering validation in the lab.
- Gather requirements, define architecture, and execute hardware design and product validation.
- Work closely with engineering, manufacturing, product, and deployment teams to develop designs and field support.
- Drive products from concept to production.