Hamptons Sales Associate
We are currently looking to expand our team with both seasonal and year-round full-time sales associates at our Amagansett location. An ideal candidate will thrive in high pressure situations while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor. They will also be incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to pop culture and the arts, and be able to recognize potential strategic partners that we may be able to collaborate with.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in finding the perfect pieces while developing and maintaining organic relationships with each one
- Keeping detailed notes on all customers you help, such as sizing, birthdays and anniversaries, and any products they may be interested in learning more about
- Effectively communicating product knowledge through storytelling, while consistently staying up to speed with all new product
- Upholding visual merchandising standards, ensuring that the sales floor is clean, organized, and stocked at all times
- Answering the phone and responding to emails and voicemails in a timely manner
- Replenishing stock throughout the day, making sure to alert the buying team to any inventory needs
- Aiding in creating and sustaining, warm and inviting environment through control of music, temperature, and fragrance
- Understanding and communicating the company's aesthetic and mission to clients, making sure that your language is consistent with the brand’s overall messaging
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly personable and emotionally intelligent, with both excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize competing projects and tasks
- Expert level understanding of the Mac operating system
- Experience working with LightSpeed or other POS systems a huge plus
- Thrives while working under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of pop culture and celebrities
- Prior experience working working with fine jewelry not necessary, but valued
Hourly rate commensurate with experience, plus commission. Full-time position comes with contribution to health insurance after a probationary period.
Must be available to work weekends.
Seasonal dates: May through October.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org