Graphics Software Engineer
The Graphics software team is looking for talented software engineers interested in developing software for mobile devices. The Graphics software team is responsible for delivering device drivers and tools for Snapdragon chipsets, providing best in class performance, power, and features. This role will involve working at all layers of the Graphics software stack on Android and/or Windows. The GPU Engineer architects, designs, implements, verifies, and optimizes structure and performance of drivers, features, and applications.
Responsibilities will include the design and development of new features, support for new hardware pre/post-silicon development, debugging of issues within software, optimizing software for performance and power, development of unit tests and working with our partners, game developers, and OEMs.
In this position the engineer will be exposed to Graphics API's like OpenGL ES, Vulkan, Direct3D11, Direct3D12 APIs, VR/AR, and work on code spanning user and kernel mode.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Experience working with GPU's or CPU's or Device Drivers
- Interest in computer graphics
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with Database Management Software.
- 1+ years of experience with API.
- 1+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates issues with team lead and peers.
- Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
- Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
- Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
- Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team's work.
- Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
- Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
- Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
- Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
- Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
- Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.
- Is receptive to others' suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
- Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
- Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
Level of Responsibility:
- Working under close supervision.
- Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
- Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
- Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
- Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
- Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
- Influence over key organizational decisions.
- Role in strategic planning.
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile; frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.