As a Graphics Engineer you will design and implement state-of-the-art rendering features and technologies in areas such as high-performance 3D rendering, 3D image algorithms, as well as visual effects. Additionally, you will help drive and innovate future research into emerging graphics fields, for example hardware raytracing and you will collaborate cross disciplines with artists, designers, and other engineers to deliver high quality graphics features and solutions.
- Design, decide, implement, and test state-of-the-art rendering features and technologies in areas such as high-performance 3D rendering, 3D image algorithms, as well as visual effects
- Develop clean, efficient, and well tested code
- Debug, profile, and optimize CPU and GPU code
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior level engineers
- Research cutting-edge graphics technologies of the future
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as a graphics engineer working with real-time 3D graphics
- Strong 3D math skills – linear algebra, vector/matrix math, quaternions, etc.
- Strong skills in modern C++ 14/17
- Strong graphics debugging and profiling skills
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming and optimization techniques
- Good understanding of low-level CPU / GPU operations and architecture
- Experience working on large code bases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and proactive self-starter, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment
- Passionate about computer graphics and low-level hardware
- Experience with asynchronous compute shaders
- Experience with Vulkan or similar graphics API
- Experience in gaming industry with at least one shipped game as graphics engineer
- Understanding of VR and AR rendering technologies
- Experience with Unreal Engine Graphics pipeline
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.