As Vice Media Group’s (VMG) Experiential team continues to grow and disrupt, we are looking for driven, creative and collaborative members to join our expanding team. We are searching for an experiential graphic designer to support our team of experiential architects & creatives. This person must have experiential design experience; with a focus on leading the brand identity and graphic design of immersive, interactive, & virtual experiences.
- Ability to navigate and deliver design deliverables from ideation through execution with minimal support from upper design management
- Possesses strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides
- Agility in terms of design style and approach based on different client/project needs
- Embodies the VMG brands and contributes to the team’s vision, style and methodology for department endeavors and has the vision to push the brand forward visually
- Some supplemental expertise in illustration/typography
- Project management skills that allow for complete self-management of deadlines
- Ability to provide art direction to other designers or outside vendors
- Ability to present design to clients passionately, articulately, and in a way that reflects an understanding of client goals/desires
- Communicates design creatively when traditional modes of representation aren’t appropriate for the situation at hand (i.e. sketches, collages, requesting a client workshop etc.)
- Works efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses keen problem-solving skills and overcomes challenges successfully Exhibits openness for learning and growth
- Is a strong team player
- Exhibits great communication skills with internal and external partners
- Exhibits great writing skills and the ability to verbally support design deliverables
- Exhibits great organizational skills
- Thoughtfully responds to feedback and direction
- Takes personal initiative and demonstrates independent thinking
- Offers up creative expertise on assigned projects and works with the Design Director to mentor
- Other graphic designers (freelance or full-time) within the design team.
- Presents/pitches graphic design work to clients and internal stakeholders in collaboration with project Creative and Environmental Designer
- With minimal support from upper management, this role is responsible for delivering graphic design components on assigned projects including the development of unique graphic systems/identities for departments projects, which range from experiential, video, custom content, and social
- Responsible for the design of creative decks/presentations in pre-sale and post-sale for brand partners, working directly with the Commercial Design teams to deliver custom decks within a tight timeframe that reflect the individual needs of each client/RFP. These can include moodboards, custom logos, mockups and reference imagery sourcing
- Understands design systems and can adhere and iterate from them
- Serves as a custodian of the VICE/VMG brand. Ensuring the correct, most up to date logo, style guides, and toolkits are in use
- Coordinates with Environmental Designers and Creative Leads on project-specific R&Rs according to a detailed processes guide maintained by department department heads
- Translates creative strategy into a visual language that supports VMG’s mission and values
- Develops mood boards/inspiration boards to communicate design intent to internal and external partners
- Manages and adheres to tight timelines for the production of digital and printed graphic elements
- Manages and adheres to print budgets as designated by production team and designs within designated parameters
- Creates detailed print files and print mechanicals for efficient vendor communication for IRL initiatives
- Co-manages relationships with print vendors in conjunction with production team on all graphic elements as they are being developed
- Sources props, furniture, and/or decor on smaller-scale initiatives that do not engage an Environmental Designer
- Serves as an on-site art director/stylist (if separate stylist is not hired)
- Serves as point person on-site during load-ins for graphics
- Participates in venue site surveys for the production of accurate and impactful print graphics
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.