SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to join SEGA!
Sega of America is looking for a mid-level Graphic Designer to join our Creative Services team. Their primary role will be working on game packaging for our titles across the EMEA region, by localizing existing files used in our US market.
The graphic designer must be detailed oriented and organized, and work well in a team. In addition, this person must be prepared to collaborate with all different creative types, as they will work cross functionally with the Creative Services and Brand/Marketing teams.
This person will also have the opportunity to create branded content that will be used to promote our games, from title announcement all the way to the game’s release.
- Localization of game packaging for EMEA region (in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish - translations will be provided)
- Tracking packaging feedback from multiple partners, including Brand Managers, First Party (such as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo), and IP owners
- Creation of promotional materials (paid media, banners)
- Maintain and adhere to brand guidelines
- Review briefs and recognize inconsistencies or missing information
- Tracking progress and following up as needed to stay on schedule for deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in a graphic design role
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Packaging knowledge/experience required
- Strong grasp of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Expert understanding of typography and composition
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of both digital and printed materials
- Receptive to feedback and collaboration
- Passionate/knowledgeable about gaming
- Familiarity with SEGA/Atlus IPs is a plus
- Familiarity with vector art is a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA/Confluence or other project management software is a plus
- Must provide a design portfolio for review