The Graphic Designer is an idea-driven conceptual thinker who excels at translating design strategy into creative solutions for packaging, POP, brand identity, merchandising & collateral across the diverse portfolio of Newell Brands. Our designers are empowered to research new ideas, generate sketches, visualize concepts and communicate clear design intent through compelling design solutions. This role has the unique ability to operate on a strategic level to develop world class graphic design that resonates with consumers/customers and builds lasting brand equity across our portfolio.
- Execute the visual articulation (style and tone) of brand strategy, initiatives, objectives and goals through best-in-class design solutions.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with creative design team, in order to generate creative ideas.
- Effectively present creative concepts to internal teams, with thoughtful rationale.
- Maintain knowledge of creative marketing trends and best practices.
- Evaluate provided creative briefs to ensure information is understood and actionable prior to executing design work.
- Execute and apply brand style guide elements, including logo, product branding, typography, packaging, photography and activation materials, ensuring consistency with brand positioning.
- Prepare final assets according to specific print production guidelines at high levels of accuracy, efficiency and replication.
- Collaborate with marketing peers to share best design practices across the organization.
- Make proactive recommendations to streamline & improve creative processes.
- University degree or college diploma in graphic design, art or related field. Bachelor degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a creative/graphic design position.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Passionate about design and knowledgeable about the industry, trends, and marketplace.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Pragmatic with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to:
- Demonstrate passion for a brand
- Drive consensus, foster creative collaboration.
- Work directly with both internal and external partners in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility within tight deadlines.
- Communication Design: Capable of assisting the development of multiple graphic solutions. Understands the process of divergent ideation and convergent filtering to support these solutions.
- Typography and Letterforms: Understands and applies foundational principles of typographic form and structure in support of cohesive design proposals. Capable of connecting successful typographic with desired brand outcomes.
- Digital Tools: knowledge of core graphic design tools use at a school level of proficiency (Adobe Suite, Apple Suite, Keyshot etc.)
- Design Architecture: Capable of proposing and implementing various design solutions leveraging multiple design architectures such as grids, type, color, illustration and print formatting structures.
- Narrative Sketching: Ability to easily participate on cross functional rapid visualization teams that support ideation around narrative. Graphic Design, Marketing and Packaging teams.
- Color Theory: Understands formulas for successful color development across applications.
- Ability to develop palettes: analog and digital
- Visual Interaction: Applies design best practices to engage consumers. Ability to prioritize content for effective delivery. Ability to design and justify proposals based on demonstrated visual interaction skills.
- Fundamentals of Illustration: Basic understanding and exposure to a wide range of illustrative styles. Ability to identify the medium of any illustration category and specific imagery within.
- Package Design: Designs for impact in competitive environment. Working knowledge of materials and properties to achieve desired results. Collaborates effectively with packaging production experts for optimal outcomes.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.