Government Relations Patent Intern
Start Date: specific month: September
Length of Assignment: 6 months, 40/hrs per week.
Education Level: Pursuing a Juris Doctorate Degree.
- Conduct research on legislation and draft memos, support Government Relations team projects, events, and other activities as needed;
- Summarize Congressional hearings, federal agency meetings, and/or academic events;
- Develop valuable skills, network, and gain exposure to Capitol Hill and the Executive Branch, including the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, as well as regulation and legislation supporting the health care domain, with a focus on patents.
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate Degree in Patents or highly related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical, writing, interpersonal, attention-to-detail, and communication skills
- Interest in patent law, legislation, and government affairs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and work independently with little supervision
Relocation benefits are not available for this job posting.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.